• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*Deal Of The Week - Brand New A-1 Jacket for $425!

Skyhawk

Announcing a limited time offer for just this week. Get a brand new Headwind Mfg Co A-1 flight jacket for just $425. Pick your size 36-48.

"Presenting a detailed high quality Reproduction of the US Army Air Corps / Air Forces first leather flight jacket. This jacket is an accurate reproduction of the Gordon & Ferguson 31-800P contract with all the correct details such as, two piece sleeves, two panel back, single line topstitched pockets with curved scalloped flaps, single line stitching on the cuffs, double line stitching on the waist, pencil Slot on outside of right pocket, high grade 3oz russet Capeskin Leather, 100% Wool medium brown knits, 100% cotton sateen liner and antique style Horn and simulated Ivory buttons that match the original ones used. The spec label is an exact copy, with slight variations in font size and spacing as seen on the original."

PM me for details.

CBI

pretty tempting as always but I am good with jackets right now. I hope you get some other sales!!!!

Skyhawk

Here are some more detailed photos. The hide is breaking in wonderfully and even withstood several hot water treatments and tumble drying sessions. It is proving to be quite robust and is displaying character nicely.

Skyhawk

LAST DAY of the sale! Get your order in by 11:59 pm. You won't be likely to see this kind of deal on these A-1's again. This forum is the only place it is being offered at this sale price.

Regards,
Jay

dmar836

Maybe asked before and maybe the wrong place but I don't see a three-piece sleeve. Was this explained elsewhere?
Thanks in advance,
Dave

Skyhawk

Hey Dave, no need for explaining. The original G&F A-1 contract 31-800P Dwg no. AN-6501 has 2 piece sleeves. The three piece sleeves belonged to a different contract by another Manufacturer which also featured the French stitching. A jacket bearing those features really should not technically have the G&F spec label to be historically correct.

Sale has ended. Thanks to you guys who got in on the sale and to all of you for the support!! 2016 is looking to be an exciting year for Headwind Mfg Co!