• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

David Brown.........deeb7.....RIP

bfrench

Administrator
Persimmon said:
Have signed the guest book.
It would be good to keep it always

That's the intent - a perpetual Guest Book linked to this tthread and posted in Bevan's original post.

EMBLEMHUNTER

I was able to sign the guest book , it's great that he touched so many here on the VLJ but sad he's no longer here to carry on with his wit and abundant help and information , as stated by all he will be sorely missed !
Johnny

ButteMT61

So, do we create a Paypal and collect to keep the Guest Book online forever?
Flowers?
I think we should get on this so too much time doesn't pass.
Thoughts?

John Lever

ButteMT61 said:
So, do we create a Paypal and collect to keep the Guest Book online forever?
Flowers?
I think we should get on this so too much time doesn't pass.
Thoughts?
Count me in.
I just mailed Bevan on behalf of us all

ButteMT61

OK, permanent display of the Guest Book can be done for $79 US. We can do that, and then link it here?
Then, for those that know the family, etc. can we all chip in for flowers or whatever the group decides and have a local person deal with that - or do it all online? It might be nice if there's someone locally that could personalize the group gift (delivering it, etc.)
Don't mean to step on toes - but I know how things like this go, and at some point we have to just get going on it.
Let me know if I'm out of line - I sure don't want to tarnish this sad time with any bad feelings, etc.

Scott

Andrew

Scott, I'm sure everyone understands your motive for wanting to make this happen so there's no need to feel as though you're out of line. However, it seems to me that its Bevan's decision to provide more details or not and considering its obviously quite a private matter we may not hear anything. Im sure he'll pass on the great weight of emotion expressed here just the same.

I'd like to add as events like this remind me that this forum does a lot more than just provide a venue for discussing VLJ's, aviation and mil history, it's a service to Men's mental health, a worldwide men's shed (apologies to any female readers but I know they're a little sparse) and it provides us with a place to meet friends that may be more than just mates babbling online. It provides friendship and company, especially if you happen to live in a corner of the world where you're hardly likely to meet others who have appreciation for our crazy interests- im pretty sure there's no one in my neck of the woods. I'm sure this was very important to Dave. I have the ability to log on at any time it suits me and just about every time I did he was there too. Sometimes you just need to open the door, take a wander around and see who's in and what they've made today (shed analogy). Dave was always there.

Anyhow, as everyone else has said, at the moment this place isn't the same but all it takes is a little time.

ButteMT61

Well put Andrew. I'll lay low, but I'm happy to do whatever to get things rolling if I can.
I of course am a nOOb here, so I don't mean to be pushy. Only offering up my Paypal and/or time to help out.
Yeah, it's kinda weird. I barely knew David, but I can see what an effect he had here. And the birthday posts were a nice touch.

John Lever

Andrew said:
Scott, I'm sure everyone understands your motive for wanting to make this happen so there's no need to feel as though you're out of line. However, it seems to me that its Bevan's decision to provide more details or not and considering its obviously quite a private matter we may not hear anything. Im sure he'll pass on the great weight of emotion expressed here just the same.

I'd like to add as events like this remind me that this forum does a lot more than just provide a venue for discussing VLJ's, aviation and mil history, it's a service to Men's mental health, a worldwide men's shed (apologies to any female readers but I know they're a little sparse) and it provides us with a place to meet friends that may be more than just mates babbling online. It provides friendship and company, especially if you happen to live in a corner of the world where you're hardly likely to meet others who have appreciation for our crazy interests- im pretty sure there's no one in my neck of the woods. I'm sure this was very important to Dave. I have the ability to log on at any time it suits me and just about every time I did he was there too. Sometimes you just need to open the door, take a wander around and see who's in and what they've made today (shed analogy). Dave was always there.

Anyhow, as everyone else has said, at the moment this place isn't the same but all it takes is a little time.
Good post Andrew, I agree totally.

Vcruiser

Andrew said:

This is what I was thinking,Andrew. It seems that David had no immediate family...other than brothers or sisters,etc...who may not have knowledge of some of his ventures such as the VLJ. I think that our comments on his obituary may better give those the closest insight about how we feel and appreciated him.
Van

dujardin

yes well said

i come daily on the forum, and or he was present or have just post something.
sometimes,when i need information, i send him a pm and less than 12 hours, he was there.
HE was the man, he was the friend.
as i continue to think, this forum is a kind of family, we can see this fact right now with the loss of a brother.

marcel ;)