• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

David Brown.........deeb7.....RIP

I have just seen what happened and am shocked and saddened. David was a gentle force of nature on here and a man of knowledge and reason and humor. Truly sad news. he will be greatly missed.

Dan

gruvi

Hi,
Name's Gerard
My first post here, and I want to use it to give prayers to David's family and friends, to make it through this saddest time. I learned of this forum from another forum where I read of David passing and the VLJ. RIP to your friend David.

johnwayne

God this is awful - I'm really quite stunned having been quite active reading this forum keenly over the last few days/week but Ive clearly missed this and shame on me. It's one of the few times I've felt compelled to read every single comment posted, as if you don't believe it!
I was down in NZ only in January and seriously thought about trying to catch up with him although time wasn't on my side - I can only echo what's already been said though - his wit and dry humour let alone encyclopedic knowledge of this passion of ours is gonna leave a gaping hole. Funny how you feel you know someone when you don't but RIP David, goodbye mate.

Cheers, (as I always sign off) doesn't seem apt but then maybe it is.
Wayne

Kennyz

So sorry to hear this. He seemed like such a great person, and I think we all benefitted immensely from David's presence here at VLJ. My Prayers are with him.

rich

John Lever said:
I would like him to be remembered here permanently, as always somehow being online

Would it be possible to discreetly integrate his name into the existing VLJ logo? (As in a pilot's name painted beneath his canopy) Bad idea?

bfrench

Administrator
John Lever said:
Bevan would be the man for that. Perhaps Bill could e-mail or I can .

Hi, Guys,

I'm waiting for a reply from Bevan.

In the meantime, I did a search of the Auckland, NZ newspapers looking for a death notice for David and I have this:

David John Dudley Brown

BROWN, David John Dudley (Lord Ponsonbys). On 22 February 2012 unexpectedly. Great friend of Ross. Uncle of Tim and Gail, great-uncle of Emma, Kate and James. A service to celebrate David's life will be held at Grange Manor, 400 Dominion Road, Mt Eden on Thursday 1 March at 12.30pm to be followed by private cremation.

Here's the url - http://notices.nzherald.co.nz/obituarie ... =156074501

Book Here's the url for David's Guest Book - http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/nzheral ... =156074501

By the forum donating $110.00 we can create a permanent guest book - We just need to find a way to contact the funeral home and get this done.

I just emailed the death notice site asking to set up a permanent Guest Book for David and requesting how we could make a common donation to pay for it.

Thanks,

saunders

Shocking news? Yes. But death is part of the life cycle and should be expected, just not the time and circumstances.

As a relatively new member here and mostly a reader, it doesn't diminish my sentiments for the loss of a very decent guy from this forum and from this world. I'm grateful for the time and information David generously shared with us. Petty bickerings and the need for ego-stroking go mute at moments such as this. Losing David should make all realize that there is so much more to carry on with than some of the vitriol engaged in here at times. Perhaps we owe David to carry on decently.

Rest well, deeb7.
:cry:
"You feel small in the presence of dead men, and ashamed at being alive, and you don't ask silly questions." - Ernie Pyle's "The Death of Captain Waskow"

Peter Graham

bfrench said:
Thanks, Chris,

We crossing posts but all help eases the work load.

Has anyone been able to post to David's Guest Book yet?

I see it there with the covering page but cant get any further.

Cheers,
Thanks Bill and Chris. I can't get past the covering page either.

ausreenactor

I contacted the NZ Herald and let them know that the link is failing. I shall await the response to verify if there are issues. Will advise.
To keep the Guest Boook active permanently costs NZ$110. Depending on whether it gets activiated or not, and the level of input this
might be an option? I'm keen.

Couchy..

EMBLEMHUNTER

Wow , a very sad surprise to find this out , I hope we can find out about next of Kin to pass on our condolences etc , a swell guy although I never met him ,I just a few days ago helped him ID a good WW-2 USMC patch, RIP :|
Johnny

ButteMT61

Thanks for the link - I signed it, but did not do the flowers as I was hoping to do something with the group if possible.

Scott

mindful

He was a gentlemen and always had time to answer question to all of us i enjoyed hes thoughts and comments on all post i was even waiting to show him my vintage Irvin b repair project i cant believe this i will miss hes presence on this forum he was one of the good guys R.I.P DEEP7

dujardin

ButteMT61 said:
Thanks for the link - I signed it, but did not do the flowers as I was hoping to do something with the group if possible.

Scott

same for me

waiting news....

thanks for the link
marcel