• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

D1 extreme aged

m444uk

gr_647_bild_b.jpg

Italian company Stewart Leathers. Not seen any of their stuff in person but I would say they use steam and sandpaper on their aged jackets.

http://www.stewart.it/products/old-glory-ss11/

Peter Graham

That looks really authentic. Looks like they have have rusted up the zippers too. Reminds me of a D-1 I bought from the US but had to scrap as it was beyond saving. Shame about the daft big label. Bet the price is hilarious.

m444uk

Peter Graham said:
That looks really authentic. Looks like they have have rusted up the zippers too. Reminds me of a D-1 I bought from the US but had to scrap as it was beyond saving. Shame about the daft big label. Bet the price is hilarious.

It is authentic, click on the link for the jackets they actually make.
There also seems to be footwear, traditional work boots etc. coming out of Europe really heavily aged. Seems to be the new craze.

giacca11.jpg

Roughwear

Thanks for the link Marcel. I notice the same D-1 has the original label in it in the Archive section!

dujardin

maybe an italian friend can tell us more on this manufacture ????

someone have an idea about their pricing list ???

could be interesting to know, i like the CC Irvine

dujardin

thanks Andrew but for the moment, it's just informative searches, i have no $$$ or £££ to spend in hobby

Andrew

Courtesy of Google translator.

"The history of the brand Stewart was born here, in an area where the leather has ancient traditions. And it is in compliance with these traditions, based on techniques and craftsmanship still entirely on a manual whose secrets are passed down from generation to generation, that Stewart has racked up nearly forty years. The result is a product made with care, quality and passion of these have been few rivals around the world. Heads and proudly produced entirely in Italy, from the hands of artisans of great talent and rare experience. Leaders are far from glamorous, often artificial, designer labels and brands, much more "in vogue". Heads are built to last and grow old with grace and beauty that only an authentic product possesses.

One of our main sources of inspiration has always been the vintage. But is not intended as a simple vintage nostalgic revisiting of a bygone era and suddenly back in fashion. That to which we aspire is rather a spirit of "revival," an approach that seeks to recover what good, authentic and healthy we left behind. A philosophy of simplicity, quality and character, made up of leaders who do not chase fads or trends, but are born to last and grow old with us.

Quality and excellence require great care and expertise that can not be improvised, but especially a devotion uncommon. And to Stewart, one for leather garments is a passion that goes far beyond our work. This passion also translates into a constant and tireless research. And this commitment, pursued in more than thirty years, has enabled us to create one of the largest archives of historical garments in the world: nearly 11,000 original garments, between the first and second World War, gathered patiently to four corners of the world. This is a unique and comprehensive collection that represents an inexhaustible source of inspiration for our leaders and unequivocal certificate of authenticity, for yours."

I'm still confused.

MikeyB-17

Stop pussyfooting around and tell us what you really think, Peter! :lol: Seems they're using the original stuff as 'inspiration' for the 'designer' stuff they're actually selling.You have some half-reasonable-looking jackets there (they can keep the german fireman's jacket), and then you have what appears to be a 50's private purchase 'bomber' jacket. Took me a while but I finally found somewhere to give an idea what they charge:-

http://eshop.hookmotors.com/stewart-old ... white.html

Comparable to your decent repro manufacturers these days I guess, and I know where I'd go if I was spending that kind of money on a jacket, but hey, we're talking 'fashion' here, so somebody will buy 'em.