• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CWU 45/P

bn1966

Just scored an early Propper contract CWU-36 with 'action back'. Got that uncomfortable elastic strap removed pronto!

Phantomfixer

flightmac said:
jzist said:
Life support folks were issued the MA-1 in Germany at Ramstein, in the early to mid 80s, they had all the SQ patches on them. Looked cool....The N2B

I wish I had a picture with an MA-1 and green fatigues. Were you one of those Life Support guys or were you flying then?

was a crew chief on the F-4 then..the life support chicks hung out with us....was nice to be young and have a flat stomach....

Atticus

I finally bought a CWU-45P in desert tan. I made the mistake of letting Jackie see me wearing it with khakis. She took one look and said it reminded her of something Barry Manilow would wear. I haven't worn it since.

AF

Rutger

I can totally see her point. I got the 36 and 45, brand new, fitting me great, but the lustre combined with the color that comes with the type is a killer, so they never get worn.
The cvc version is in matt cloth aramid and looks a whole lot better.

bn1966

I too have recently scored a NOS CWU 36-P in the tan or should I say gold!!! Wife laughed her a**e off. I'm keeping it because it's a great fit, was cheap & amuses me.

Monsoon

I sold my tan one. Never wore it. Too shiny and disco for me. When I was in the desert I wore my green summer flight jacket or my tan tanker jacket when it was cooler.

Phantomfixer

but do you see the prices these thing bring on ebay...the desert tan sell hot be it a flt suit or jacket...I agree with you guys the green is the way to go..more traditional?

ausreenactor

Phantomfixer said:
but do you see the prices these thing bring on ebay...the desert tan sell hot be it a flt suit or jacket...I agree with you guys the green is the way to go..more traditional?

Made the mistake of letting a Desert one go the incinerator at KAF. Did not snaffle it in time. Was named to one MAJ 'Jigga' Duggan. Bonafide Australian US Bronze Star recipient. Flown to the US to get it too.. I am dealing with the loss of the jacket okay...just... :(

Phantomfixer

ausreenactor said:
Phantomfixer said:

Made the mistake of letting a Desert one go the incinerator at KAF. Did not snaffle it in time. Was named to one MAJ 'Jigga' Duggan. Bonafide Australian US Bronze Star recipient. Flown to the US to get it too.. I am dealing with the loss of the jacket okay...just... :(
That is a loss! Slip on one of your L2's to comfort the soul....

Monsoon

We were issued the tan ones after I came back from my third or fourth trip to the desert. I took a look at it and said, "no way" and stuffed it in a duffle bag. It looks like something from "Saturday Night Fever". I think the Bee Gees wore them on their last album cover.

Rutger

I thought that was a joke. It isn't. This will stick in my memory and will pop up whenever I see a tan -36......

If I were more evil I'd photoshop a VLJ member into it.

Members online

Latest posts