• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Current G-1 Specs

Atticus

Skyhawk said:
Here's the specs the Manufacturers must follow when constructing the G-1:
http://www.assistdocs.com/search/do...=MIL-J-7823&status_all=ON&search_method=BASIC

Still searching for the older specs....
Interesting. Someone asked me the other day if G-1s were ever issued in any size larger than 48. I've never seen a size 50 issued G-1, but, admittedly, I've not paid much attention to the newer jackets. The 1971 specs for the E-series jackets would indicate that the largest G-1 is size 48, but evidently there were three amendments to that revision...the third is shown here. I've never seen copies of the first two amendments and I wonder if they addressed size. The Navy certainly upsized their A-2 deck jacket sometime around 1974 to include size XXL (50-52). And I own a 1965 Peacoat in size 50R. I wonder if they ever did something like this with the G-1.

AF

The sizing is interesting, mainly because I normally wear a 46R, but when I was issued my current issue G-1, they told me to get the 48R since I would be wearing my cold weather gear under it. It is big on me, but when I do wear my cold weather gear it fits just fine. Before I retire, I plan on purchasing a G&B current issue in my proper size.