• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crown Zipper slider

flightmac

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement for a Crown slider? It should be sort of an aluminum color with a large, slightly oval hole. This is for the leg pocket of an early U.S.A.F. K-2B flightsuit (pointy collars and single chest pocket) if that helps. The other sliders on the front main zip, sleeve pocket, and leg closures have a more oval hole. The slider isn't just broken, it's gone.

This flight suit has no specific history, like some Korean War ace or test pilot who lost the zip ejecting from a burning or out of control aircraft - i.e. it doesn't have any "provenance" as some would say. So, I want to repair it. It's in otherwise good condition, even with a pretty good meatball on the sleeve. It will be one many generic Air Force uniforms I occasionally loan out to the A. F. Base where I work (and others). They are sometimes displayed; but frequently worn by airman, officers as well as enlisted, for historic (Nth Anniversary of ...) or other various banquets/ceremonies.

Thanks for any help.