• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cossack jacket from Goodwear.

John Lever

Interesting you should say that. I spoke to John C yesterday and he explained that he based his design on 16 originals in his possession. Not sure about the other makers but it sounds like very a thorough analysis of styles.
I also like the use of light weight horsehide rather than Cape or goat, it always looks better somehow.

Interesting you should say that. I spoke to John C yesterday and he explained that he based his design on 16 originals in his possession. Not sure about the other makers but it sounds like very a thorough analysis of styles.
I also like the use of light weight horsehide rather than Cape or goat, it always looks better somehow.

I agree a lighter leather with some drape is certainly the best option for this jacket, though my personal preference would be a shorter length. Doubtless this one is not the way it is because JC has made a mistake, it's obviously deliberate, and so I'd assume that there are two possible explanations . Either there were some originals that were a bit longer like this or he has made his offering a little longer because his customers prefer it that way.

Either way, I don't suppose he told you how long his queue is right now did he? And if not, is there anyone else out there with up to date info on GW waiting times? Thanks

100 is so cheap I would bite your hand off!

The reason I asked this question is because I am in my 25th month of waiting. Wonder how much my spot in the queue would fetch..