• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cool vintage footage, of a patched and painted A-2

Roughwear

I really enjoyed the short film of the officer riding his bike. The film showed contrasting russet and seal painted A2s. What do you think of the quality of the nose art?

Marv

cool film, what contract is the A2 with the two piece collar seam or a field mod ?

Roughwear

I have seen a few Rough Wear A2s with the collar seam on the top of the collar. I think this was a factory mistake and am a little surprised they passed inspection. However not every batch was inspected, so I guess some of these jackets slipped through.

Bombing IP

Fresh new patches with a lot of chroma ,not what we are used to seeing ,but in fact the paint for the aircraft does not come out of the can with the aged look .I suspect these were freshly done .My main objection to modern A-2 jackets with custom art is that it is too perfect and does not reflect the reality of the time . The work shown here in the film is probably from someone who thinks he is a good artist and gets smokes for it ( ie the best on the base ). Nieve art work on the jackets in the film 3 out 10 that my vote Andrew .

BIP

Cobblers161

Fascinating vid especially as most jacket images are of the still variety. What the hell was that music though? Bloody awful! Kinda cheap 80's elevator tunes ugh!!

a2jacketpatches

Most likely fresh oil paint as opposed to aircraft paint, the stuff has been around forever and available everywhere. And yeah fresh and bright, however, most repros request a fake patina.