Compliments on Your Jacket

Discussion in 'General Flight Jacket Discussion' started by derleicaman, Dec 30, 2017.

1. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Cool story! Yours and his.

2. Tom Bowers

Tom Bowers Member

My old (30 years old now) Avirex A-2 which I painted when I was still in High school many many years ago gets compliments every time I wear it
    At this point it's amazing how many people think it's an "original" WWII jacket.
    Tom Bowers

3. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Now....That post requires that you show us a picture of your jacket and art work ;)

4. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

today wearing my BR N-1, a guy at the post office stopped me saying it reminded him of his dad's jacket from WW2

5. Tenfifteen

Tenfifteen Member

Shame but the only compliment I ever had on a jacket in the street was also my Avirex "Glen Miler" back in the early 90's :D :D :D the worst jacket I ever had (goofy oversized 80's cut with almost bat sleaves ^^ )

6. WBOONE

WBOONE Member

I recently wore my Aero B3 repo jacket to a movie and had 2 people remark about it. One said " I noticed that jacket when you came in--that's a nice looking jacket-sure looks warm!. I assured him it was!

7. dmar836

dmar836 Well-Known Member

8. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

My ELC Irvin gets loads of attention. People are just floored when they see me walking around in it. They ask me loads of questions about it.
    What kind of jacket is it.?
    Where did I get it?
    How long have I had it?
    Why am I wearing such a heavy jacket in 75 degree weather in Florida? ;) (Lol!)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  9. Dubpynchon

Dubpynchon Member

Never. Not once.

10. daw

daw Member

I've worn A2's for more than 20 years and can't recall ever having any comment from anyone, even my wife, except from a friend who deals in military surplus. However, the m444 has got a couple of comments this past year-one at Costco from an elderly gentleman who wanted to let me know "that was the type of coat they used to wear in the air force". I don't suppose he was old enough to have worn an m444 during WWII. I'm sorry now I didn't ask whether he had a connection with the air force and had actually worn something like that.

11. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

yep, in re the general public and retired military, only the shearling jackets seem to be associated with flying.

12. dmar836

dmar836 Well-Known Member

... and rappers.