• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

COMPARING TWO DAVID D DONIGER A2s up-dated pics

Dr H

Off to Canada tomorrow morning (conference), will do something in a week or so Andrew.

TankBuster

Sorry, missed the updates. I do indeed still have mine. One of a few that I have kept. This one is one of the most pristine originals I have had the pleasure of owning. John Chapman actually used it to get info for his first Doniger repros back in the day.

Dr H

Took the bull by the horns and re-finished my GW Doni today.
Loved the weight and hand of the ultra vintage goat (and especially the fit), but it was a bit glossy in the flesh with yellow undertones, rather than brown.
So, took a deep breath, ignored the value, and recoloured in medium brown - now more matte with burnished high spots (time worn :cool: ).
Result - much happier with a GW that will be around for a good while.
Images to follow.

Dr H

Some quick snaps in the garden - I'll take some more careful shots later.

I've temporarily left the inside of one pocket in the original ultra vintage goat for comparison.

My old Good Wear Doniger (size 42, long gone) for comparison.

Dr H

Thanks Paul, I call it 'Tired and Worn TM', much like my good self... :lol:

Hadn't realised how much I'd missed my old Doniger until I bought this much better fitting example.
Such a comfortable pattern to wear - relaxed feel (with the low, open neck, wide armholes and rotated sleeves), but smart enough to wear to work, when it isn't hot enough to fry eggs on metal surfaces...

Marv

yes I know that feeling at present, I usually wear an A2 for work and with just receiving my GW RW 27752 not being able to wear it due to the current weather is a bit of a bummer.