• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comabt Clone No.6 Star Sportswear

Silver Surfer

another knock out. original stars are very comfy, and flattering due to the cut, and i am sure that chappy nailed that, by the looks of it.

2BM2K

The Star is certainly a good looking jacket. Here is a period photo of one.

stare.jpg

ButteMT61

That looks great. Wonder if it's the same Shinki HH my Ventura is made from? Look very similar. Great jacket - Star looks better than any other pics of one previously. A sleeper.

Marv

Love the Star contract, as I have mentioned before, not so keen of the combat finish.

The most authentic looking combat clone for me was the Roughwear.

ButteMT61

cmk-2 said:
Love the color of that Star. You think that's Seal or Dark Seal?

Looks like my Ventura which was a seal Shinki HH. Could it have been "dark seal"? Dunno. I don't recall it being called that.
Always hard to tell comparing pics, but see this below:

c6848d344c51a79fe1f00f204c499978.jpg

Pic JC took of mine at his shop. You can see it's very dark looking (same jacket as above):

Ventura_06.jpg

derleicaman

Scott, that jacket looks great on you! Perfect fit.

The temps dropped 30 degrees here in Chicago in the last three days. Jacket weather! I'm like a pig in s**t. Thursday I wore my GW Cable goat, yesterday GW United Sheeplined and today the GW Dubow 1755 in Seal. If this weather keeps up for another four days, I'll be able to cycle through the whole collection :D

ButteMT61

Thanks buddy. Although I kinda hate you right now as we're in the middle of a wave of 105º+ heat here. Certainly no jackets. Was at a party in the Hollywood hills last night and it was 88º at 11PM! You can have this. Please bring on "jacket weather" here too!
Enjoy it though, we'll be there shortly I hope.

PS - those pics were when new. It's since molded to me perfectly and it at JC's shop now getting a lining tuneup. The lining needed to be shored up a bit as the back was hanging down over the hem. Between the wet of being in the rain once or twice and natural wrinkling, the liner developed a bit of "length" so I can't wait to get 'er back. Figured I'd send it in while it's nowhere near cool enough to wear it so I'll miss it less. :lol:

derleicaman said:
Scott, that jacket looks great on you! Perfect fit.

The temps dropped 30 degrees here in Chicago in the last three days. Jacket weather! I'm like a pig in s**t. Thursday I wore my GW Cable goat, yesterday GW United Sheeplined and today the GW Dubow 1755 in Seal. If this weather keeps up for another four days, I'll be able to cycle through the whole collection :D

Nickb123

ButteMT61 said:
cmk-2 said:
Love the color of that Star. You think that's Seal or Dark Seal?

Looks like my Ventura which was a seal Shinki HH. Could it have been "dark seal"? Dunno. I don't recall it being called that.
Always hard to tell comparing pics, but see this below:

c6848d344c51a79fe1f00f204c499978.jpg

Pic JC took of mine at his shop. You can see it's very dark looking (same jacket as above):

Ventura_06.jpg

I love that second close-up photo. That grid on the table proves it's really a handmade item!

ButteMT61

Hey hey hey - NO WAY chaps. Mine is right here. Sure, it's 104º, but it's next to me on the hanger...

Vcruiser

ButteMT61 said:
Hey hey hey - NO WAY chaps. Mine is right here. Sure, it's 104º, but it's next to me on the hanger...

Figured that, plus you're a size 48, ain't ya..??