• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collar Stand

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
A separate narrow band around the neck, to which the collar is attached ... like on a dress shirt.

Pre war A-2's are all like this, later versions tend to have the collar simply attached to the body.

The collar stand is more elegant, but can sometimes give problems with fit or comfort.

bseal

As seen on a 1941 Goodwear Dubow ;)

collar3.jpg

Burnsie

Another of many examples where A-2 owners want one of each (at least one with collar stand, one without). Other examples: russet and seal, horse and goat, the list goes on...

RAYMUNDO

I have one with collar stand and one without. It does not feel that different when I wear them but they do look a little different.

Ray

Andrew

I don't have any experience with a new jacket with collar stand, my others have all been without as it's a more relaxed look.

Of the two originals I have that fit I still prefer the Aero without- it just feels like the collar of the Perry rides up too high all around.