• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chinese A-1 / Cossack Style Leather Jackets On Sale Today

Technonut2112

Just ran across this sale of leather A-1 / Cossack style jackets at the same AliExpress store my Bronson goatskin A-1 and B-10 came from. Looks like ALL sizes are in-stock currently. ;)

I am VERY happy with my goatskin A-1, and the sizing charts from this store were correct in both it, and the B-10 I have. Here is one which is a clone of the Heron / Aeronaut on sale for only $199.91 (50% off): https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...r-genuine-leather-A2/1229407_32699283329.html

SWEET pricing for certain here. :) I realize some may have issues with clones of other maker's jackets (BK's Aeronaut copy of Himel's Heron for example) but these jacket styles were common in their time in history, and anything made present day are in fact copies of these Golden Era styles. ;)

Me? I have a brown "Aeronaut" on the way............ ;) :cool: I am quite fond of the A-1 / Cossack style jackets, and the sale price was simply too damn good to pass up. As posted, I have been VERY happy with the quality of the A-1 and B-10 from this store, as well as the fit being spot-on to their sizing charts, and am expecting nothing less from this one.

The sale on some of these ends less than 24 hours from now, and there is 2 days left on others.

TB2IuCQc5lnpuFjSZFgXXbi7FXa_%21%21201935682.jpg

TB2_PKVc98mpuFjSZFMXXaxpVXa_%21%21201935682.jpg

Clone of the Orgueil A-1 / Cossack for $199.91 (50% off) This one in black Japanese HORSEHIDE: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...ther-jacket/32697815174.html?tracelog=mytrace

TB2CwPod9BjpuFjy1XdXXaooVXa_%21%21201935682.jpg

TB232fvd8NkpuFjy0FaXXbRCVXa_%21%21201935682.jpg

Same as above in a natural sun-tanned / orangish color in Italian cowhide:

TB2yCvyd4XlpuFjSsphXXbJOXXa_%21%21201935682.jpg

Slash-pocket A-1 / Cossack in cowhide (Black also available) for $199.91 (50% off): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...de-clothing/32697286051.html?tracelog=mytrace

TB2chpycH8kpuFjy0FcXXaUhpXa_%21%21201935682.jpg

TB2LVTRdmVmpuFjSZFFXXcZApXa_%21%21201935682.jpg

Black HORSEHIDE Cossack for $199.91 (50% off): https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...her-collar-male-suit/1229407_32698208249.html

TB2WbnGcMRkpuFjy1zeXXc.6FXa_%21%21201935682.jpg

TB2uWHUcSFjpuFjSszhXXaBuVXa_%21%21201935682.jpg

Last edited:

Technonut2112

Damn..... After ordering the brown "Aeronaut" a few hours ago, I'm already 2nd-guessing myself. :confused:

I can only afford one jacket before the sale ends, and I know the larger sizes from Chinese stores sell-out quickly. The other which interests me is the Orgueil clone in the natural / sun-tanned finish. The dual inside pockets are a nice feature, as well as the "cat's eye" buttons. :cool: I'm not particularly wild about the lining material, and unlined cuffs however. The "Aeronaut's" lining is a cotton/poly blend which should be durable and breathe well. The cuffs appear to be lined with a corduroy material, and the sleeves are 2 piece construction compared to 3 on others, which is a plus to me also.

Then, there's the horsehide jackets, which are a steal at the price...:confused: :p One could purchase 4 or 5 (or more) of these sale jackets for the cost of a single premium-maker jacket. Oh well, I suppose I'll just let the "Aeronaut" order ride as-is, and consider myself fortunate to have snagged one in my size during the sale... But then again, that damn natural / sun-tanned Italian cowhide Orgueil looks fantastic though.......:D

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

the "orguil" is taken from a japanese site offering. if ya scroll down, you will see that the hide appears to be the same hide offered on all of their jackets. i put an order in for their "orguil" in black. an hour later, i got a call from their l.a. rep to confirm size, and model. to make a short story long, i figure for $228, why not chance it.

Technonut2112

the "orguil" is taken from a japanese site offering. if ya scroll down, you will see that the hide appears to be the same hide offered on all of their jackets. i put an order in for their "orguil" in black. an hour later, i got a call from their l.a. rep to confirm size, and model. to make a short story long, i figure for $228, why not chance it.

Good deal... :) I was hoping the sale info would be helpful to members here. Hell yes, $228.00 shipped for a Japanese horsehide jacket is a deal hotter than a $2.00 pistol for sure. ;) Please update here with your thoughts about it after arrival.

Looks like a great sale on some nice jackets. Sadly, it also looks like size XXXL is a trim size 44.

AF

Most of the XXXL's I've seen there are indeed a nice period-fit 44. However, the slash-pocket model above comes in a XXXXL, which has an almost 49" chest measurement. For a good vintage fit, it should work for someone who wears a size 46.

Technonut2112

hey, great "head's up" - Not my style of jacket but what a super thing to know about.

I was thinking some folks here would be interested. :) Their A-2 style jackets aren't anything to get excited about, but if you look through that store's leather jacket offerings (cloth as well), they have quite a few different styles which look nice, and are also on-sale, or at pretty damn good regular prices. I'm also saving-up for a few pieces of vintage-styled clothing (such as these 18oz jewels: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...-long-trousers-free-shipping/32551605822.html). :) They had my size (36) in-stock awhile back, and hopefully will restock by the time I'm ready to purchase them.

CBI

yes, keep it coming - Bronson looks like great reasonably priced stuff. some of us don't want to pay $300-400 for a pair of heritage jeans or denim shirt.

Technonut2112

Just received my "Aeronaut" today.. I must say that I'm quite pleased with the cowhide used, overall construction, stitching, and also an excellent fit as well. :) I would rate the hide quality as similar to 'budget' workwear leather jackets of the 1930's-40's, and of medium thickness. I am impressed with the 2 piece sleeves and VERY large single-piece back panel. I've had this type of hide before. It is already developing nice grain, and will supple-out with a nice burnished look over time. :cool:

The front buttons appear solid, and remained so, even after buttoning them up and down repeatedly. The cuff buttons are another story.. The threads are pulled-out, and one button came off. As being the only issue on an otherwise excellent vintage-style leather jacket..... For $228.00 USD shipped-to-my-door... I'll give the loose cuff buttons a pass. I can get them done at a little shop up the street inexpensively ;)

I'll get some pics posted ASAP.. It always makes my vintage wardrobe and wallet happy to find a solid wearer like this one... ;) :)

Technonut2112

Luckily, it was in the upper 40's this morning...Great opportunity to sneak-in a wear before it gets too damn hot. ;) I'm really liking the Chinese sizing on the few jackets I've picked up so far. Pretty close to what I would consider 'made to measure' for my build from all of them. :)

DSCF0250_zpse9s24b1j.jpg

DSCF0249_zpsqzpa8oqg.jpg

DSCF0251_zps6mppbymy.jpg

Technonut2112

Thanks for the kind words all... :) I certainly will post some pics as the jacket develops character. ;) As I posted, I've had this type of cowhide before in the past, and I know it will look pretty decent after some hard wear. ;) Here's some pics showing the grain:

DSCF0255_zpsc2q4buly.jpg

DSCF0258_zps1nercenn.jpg

DSCF0252_zpsflhks31a.jpg

DSCF0256_zps3dk6lip9.jpg

Anyone who is interested, and a size 44 or smaller(EDIT: The slash pocket model goes to a 46), should keep checking my links above. I noticed that the sale was extended once already. :) Honestly, the quality is definitely present here. I would say overall construction is as good as anything Schott NYC makes, and as one can see, the hide is pretty sweet as well. ;) I just wish my budget would allow for another purchase. That natural / sun-tanned cossack has been calling my name... :p

Last edited:

Bombing IP

I can see good potential for the grain to develop with the point of movement in your body .With the wear repetition should become an old friend ,its very strange to me that someone has not whispered in the Chinese ear about all the companies reproducing the venerable A-2 . They have the labor, material and the Juki sewing machines its just that there off target .If they produced an A2 jacket for $400.00 accurate to one maker they could clean up .We have companies in NZ, Japan ,England ,USA ,Germany selling to the world at $1000 and up with a wait time no less . Does that not ring any bells to someone in China ? here is a niche we could fill . They could start with the Kunming Kombat Klone ,that would sell well in there own country as I understand the Flying Tigers are very highly thought of .

BIP

Silver Surfer

i received one just the other day. it is the version with the mid waist side straps, no patch for the pockets, just out line pocket stitching [flaps insert into the pocket if you prefer for a neater look]. i ordered black, size large. however, i received a black size medium [38] which is of no use to me. rather then go through the rigamarow of returning it, i have decided to sell it. $228+$18 for usa usps insured priority. pp to friends or family. pix of the jacket are on the above site, or if ya want pix, pm me with your email.

Technonut2112

i received one just the other day. it is the version with the mid waist side straps, no patch for the pockets, just out line pocket stitching [flaps insert into the pocket if you prefer for a neater look]. i ordered black, size large. however, i received a black size medium [38] which is of no use to me. rather then go through the rigamarow of returning it, i have decided to sell it. $228+$18 for usa usps insured priority. pp to friends or family. pix of the jacket are on the above site, or if ya want pix, pm me with your email.

Man, that's a drag... :( I've received the correct ordered size for 3 jackets from that store now. How is the horsehide and overall construction?

If you haven't released payment yet, I would definitely file a dispute, and ask for a refund of the shipping charges at the very least. All you need to do is snap a pic of the size tag, and I'm pretty certain AliExpress customer service would find in your favor.

Technonut2112

I can see good potential for the grain to develop with the point of movement in your body .With the wear repetition should become an old friend ,its very strange to me that someone has not whispered in the Chinese ear about all the companies reproducing the venerable A-2 . They have the labor, material and the Juki sewing machines its just that there off target .If they produced an A2 jacket for $400.00 accurate to one maker they could clean up .We have companies in NZ, Japan ,England ,USA ,Germany selling to the world at $1000 and up with a wait time no less . Does that not ring any bells to someone in China ? here is a niche we could fill . They could start with the Kunming Kombat Klone ,that would sell well in there own country as I understand the Flying Tigers are very highly thought of .

BIP

Yep, I've thought the same thing. ;) I'm hoping Bronson will come out with a specific contract A-2 sometime down the line. :) I'm also looking forward to some half-belt action if the trend for copying vintage-style leather jackets continues (fingers crossed ;) )... The Chinese have really upped their game during the past few years, and have produced some nice quality goods. Hell, my home-defense 12 gauge pump-gun (H&R Pardner) is basically a clone of the Remington 870, only with a MILLED steel receiver, and trigger housing. Much stronger than the 870, and most all parts (stocks especially) are interchangeable. I've racked over 500 shells through it to date with NO issues. Very sweet shotgun for under $200.00, and made in China.

Smithy

Yep, I've thought the same thing. ;) I'm hoping Bronson will come out with a specific contract A-2 sometime down the line. :) I'm also looking forward to some half-belt action if the trend for copying vintage-style leather jackets continues (fingers crossed ;) )... The Chinese have really upped their game during the past few years, and have produced some nice quality goods. Hell, my home-defense 12 gauge pump-gun (H&R Pardner) is basically a clone of the Remington 870, only with a MILLED steel receiver, and trigger housing. Much stronger than the 870, and most all parts (stocks especially) are interchangeable. I've racked over 500 shells through it to date with NO issues. Very sweet shotgun for under $200.00, and made in China.

The Chinese are capable of manufacturing items of exceptionally good quality. However for many in the West this is extremely strange as they're used to the vast majority of cheaply made everyday Chinese goods. The funny thing though is that the reason why a lot of Chinese made goods are cheap and sometimes of questionable quality is because in many cases they have been made to order for Western companies who have stipulated, "we want it made to the cheapest possible production costs (so we can have a bigger margin of profit, hence low quality materials) and in the shortest possible timeframe for delivery." If you turned it around and said we want the highest quality material and made to the highest possible manufacturing quality they could do that too. It's just that most companies sourcing products from China do so to cut costs on mass production for the end result of high volume and bigger profit margins.

CBI

amazing what is for sale at inexpensive prices. For vintage enthusiasts on a limited budget, these may be great options. I'll bet once they really break in, they will have "the look". Of course, someone is working for pennies on the hour to have these sell at these prices but that is another issue/subject entirely. To be honest, I am more worried about giving aliexpress my credit card number than anything else. Who knows what Chinese hackers would do with it!!!!!!