• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cheap Chinese-made repros

Jason

Apart from the cuffs & waistband being a little too wide, that L2B doesn't look at all bad. Devil may be in the (fine) details, though.
I know that, in my work profession, the Chinese made stuff is now equal in quality and performance to the big European based manufacturers. From 'cheap & nasty' to value-for-money quality in 20 years. I'd expect more of this sort of stuff to be appearing on the market in years to come.

MikeyB-17

Bob Dong, eh? Like it. I particularly like the black and white striped N-1 'prisoner's' jacket. Might have to get one of those.

Peter Graham

I'm impressed. If they can get the details, like zippers, sorted out and keep the prices low then Buzz Rickson and others are in trouble,

colekwok

I have some selvedge denim shirts made by this Bronson brand which I bought from TaoBao last year. With the prices that I paid, I am very happy with the quality. Of course, you cannot expect them to come close to McCoy quality, but they are certainly better than any of the Alphas.

I don't think foreigners can order things from there, but check out their jackets here in detail.
https://shop106195007.world.taobao.com/?spm=a312a.7728556.2015080705.4.hfZK5E

CBI

overall nice stuff. the A-1 looks great for the money. FWIW, the complete outfit the model is wearing (on the ToaBoa site) looks damn good with the A-1 and Army M37?? pants, sneaker, etc. this would be my one go-to outfit (and kind of already is) during the cooler months.

ties70

I recently painted a N-1 deck jacket from Pherrows, that had a Bob Dong label inside the pocket.
The jacket was really well made, with a lining of 99% alpaca and 1% polyester. I think most of the other cheaper repros / copies use fuzzy teddy bear instead.

The Bronson stuff looks worth a try, but with a chest measurements of 46" I am soooo far out of their sizing range....