• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheap Barracks Bag painted: Fighting Hellfish / Simpsons

ties70

Guys,

I had to much time on my hands and something in my mind I wanted to do for years.

Here is a Barracks Bag to honour Springfields WWII hero Abraham J. Simpson, Sgt of the famous "Fighting Hellfish" Co.
Trained in Camp Flanders, Springfield, USA, Abe went to England, and prepared for D-Day. He went all the way through France, participated in the Battle of the Bulge, and finally made it to Germany.

abes_babe_zpskztubznm.jpg

abes_flanders_zpsdftvqetz.jpg

abes_pinup_zpsakgr1sob.jpg

The little marching Donalds come from Walt Disney's "In the Fuehrer's Face":
abes_marching_zpsjuxe3sne.jpg

Apparently, Abe got promoted...maybe for knocking out 1 Panther and 2 Tiger tanks?
abes_name_zpstqypblwf.jpg

abes_hellfish_zpsx3n18ucw.jpg

This is a pure work of fiction, and I hope You don't mind that I "pimped" up a cartoon figure's wartime memorabilia...I was just experimenting with various stencil fonts and techniques.

Best regards,

Ties

YoungMedic

Absolutely love it! One of my favorite episodes too. I considered getting the tattoo at one point lol

Cocker

Ties, what did you use for the stencil painting? I'm looking at doing a stencil on the liner of my upcoming A-2 jacket, but don't know exactly where to start.

ties70

Hi Cocker,

stencils and drawings have been done with this:

https://www.c-kreul.de/JAVANA-Fabric-Pa ... .html?&L=1
I have chosen them because they are washable. Not that this is an option for your A-2, though, but they should work on your A-2 lining just fine...

Use a larger brush like or a special stencil brush like this one http://www.modulor.de/en/da-vinci-stenc ... round.html , dip it into the paint and rub the paint lightly in a soft cloth. Now stencil your name, using the the cloth as your stamp pad.

Best regards,

Ties

Cocker

Thanks for your advise, Ties! I have several other questions regarding the making of the stencils, but if it's ok for you, I'll go through PM so as not to derail this thread too much.

a2jacketpatches

Awe shucks, Don't think it would derail at all and I'd love to hear about it as well. This is the section for that kind of thing.

The new ones are pretty expensive but they are available used. Often thought of getting one but a little worried about having to fix this or replace that.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/stencil-machine

Cocker

I wish I'd knew someone who has a Marsh stencil machine!

You know what? I'll start a new thread with my stencils questions.

a2jacketpatches

Cocker said:
I wish I'd knew someone who has a Marsh stencil machine!

You know what? I'll start a new thread with my stencils questions.

Certainly worth it to get ones own information done for the 3000 yen / 25 bucks through MASH since you can re-use it. I'm putting an auto search on Ebay for the Marsh machine today, If I can land a decent one for a couple hundred it may be worth the trouble.