• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CBI A2 from S.N. Knopf Mfg., Co

Roughwear

This is the second Knopf A2 that I have owned. The contract was awarded on 18th May 1942 and only 10,000 were made and for this reason originals are rarely seen these days. This CBI example is a size 44 has clearly seen plenty of action. The wristlets are replacements as is the NOS Talon zip. Originally it had a M-41 Talon, but this zip was defective. Some originals also had M-40 Conmar zippers fitted. The horse hide displays considerable grain. Like the Cable 27753, the maker used small nickel ring snaps made by Rau Fastener Co.

ausreenactor

An amazing find Andrew. Certainly a rare (contract) - rare (patched CBI) A-2. Now stop showing off... ;)

Couchy...

Roughwear

CBI said:
very cool - the collection keeps growing for sure!!!

I'm not sure about that John as I have sold several A2 in recent months. Part of the fun of collecting is getting the next jacket and parting with ones that for whatever reason can be let go without too many tears being shed! :)

Roughwear

saucerfiend said:
Great lookin' Knopf, Andrew! Is this built by design to be a bit snugger in the chest?

Brian

Thanks Brian. Yes it is a little snugger in the chest than the Poughkeepsie, which is a design feature of this A2.