• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can i remove glued on patches cleanly?????

a2 fng

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: just recieved a leather jkt that i won that was patched up.No problem as i wanted to simply replace the patches i thought.Suppose i should have asked 1st but to my horror the patches are glued on :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .

Where a few have started to come away they have either left a residue or the surface of the leather has been stripped away-is there anything that can be done to semi restore it or have i bought a turkey??

PS it isnt some priceless original but would still like to try something if possible.

Many Thanks

a2 fng

Many Thanks.

I could try that as i have some lighter fluid somewhere but to my horror im sure the complete idiot has used super glue on some of them as they dont flex and "snap" when bent/folded :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry:

capt71

Let's hope it's not super glue. I have read some remedies on the internet which recommend using nail polish remover (aka: Acetone) to remove super glue. HOWEVER, be very very cautious as acetone can damage and/or discolor the leather. There are some commercial super glue removers out there. Maybe someone here can recommend one that will work and leave the leather untouched. Good luck and have a great holiday.
Bill

a2 fng

Got one of the patches off and as expected its removed some of the surface of the jkt leaving lighter leather underneath.

Any way i can try to hide this?

I know i wont get it perfect but anything is better than it is now?