• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone ID this M-422A fixer upper ?

Peter Graham

When I was in Belgium earlier this year my good friend Marcel gifted me this M-422A. I think it's a worthy restoration project as the goat is totally sound, nicely grained and thicker than any Navy jacket I've owned in the past. The mouton is also in great shape. What needs replaced is the knits, the zipper, possibly the lining, and crucially, the label. I think a jacket's label is very important and I'm hoping one of you guys can ID the maker so I can source an original or repro label. Hopefully the jacket is from a maker that someone is making a repro of, so I can try to buy a label from them if I can't find an original one. Here's some pics to help identify it. Interestingly, the underarm vents have stitched edges. I've never seen one without the metal grommets. The lining is the typical pinky red rayon. Merry Christmas !

chamboid

It's certainly is. Lovely contract the H.L Block. It will be hard to source a label as I believe only one Japanese maker has made one. And they're scarce.

The knits on my Block An-6552 are a lovely purple colour, which John Chapman could supply.

Merry Christmas.