• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cable Raincoat 10008-P

jschare

Here is my new acquisition. A Cable Raincoat 10008-P that I purchased from Silver Surfer. I have to say this jacket is in amazing condition for 70 years old. The goat skin is outstanding. The liner has just a few tears around the neck. The Kwik zip works flawlessly. The knits have been replaced, however.

Silver Surfer

this is one of those somewhat uncommon a-2s that was most likely sent back to the factory for a redye. thus, the dye applied was not the ubiquitous thick paint like dye used at the aaf depots, but a thin true factory dye. most of the over dye has rubbed off, making the cable look like the late contract aeros in terms of coloration. the pix that jeff took do not show the real variances of original russet, and darker over dye, though this is real clear in the flesh, so to speak. another note of interest is the fact that there is no over dye slopped around on the liner [original] or original kwik zipper, and as so often, rubbed off onto the liner. the hides are very much like those on my russet goat dubow in terms of weight, consistency, and, original color. in the twenty some odd years of ownership, i wore it [occasionally] with out any concern for fragility or preciousness. with moderate wear and care, the cable should still be in wearable condition in another twenty+ years. now, if i could only find a goat cable in a size 42, in the same condition......

Roughwear

These Cable goatskin A2s are rare these days, especially in larger sizes. It has been very well restored and is a great design IMO. Enjoy wearing it. :)

jschare

I didn't want to "steal" Victor's photos, hence the crappy ones I took but, if he doesn't mind, here are the pics he took of the jacket.

Silver Surfer

i forgot to mention that the stitching is faded on the cable, as would be on a jacket that has not been redyed. by and large, the stitching on redyes is usually dark brown and kinda matted down looking.

SuinBruin

Love it. Cable is my mother's family name (and my middle name), I really should pick up one of this pattern. :mrgreen: