• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz x Beams black B3

asiamiles

Limited edition Buzz Rickson's B3 of only 50, exclusive to Japanese store Beams. Made in New Zealand, presumably by TRMNZ.

blackb3_zpsygg2hcxe.jpg

Peter Graham

I don't generally like black leather jackets of any type and this is no exception but I imagine it would look pretty good with about three decades of wear on it. I'm sure the price is hilarious.

Silver Surfer

yikes, what were they thinking????i reckon, kid market, or some such. how is it that perfectly capable repro makers feel that they can improve on classic designs, materials, colors, hides, etc? there is, after all, a reason we, and so many others find 1920s-50s gear irresistable, its cause it was well designed, thought through, and in so many cases made well enough to be worn today, some 70-90 years later. well, maybe not b-3s, hahahaha

Tim P

A bit William Gibson of course. I am a fan of "inspired by" jackets as an idea, some hybrid or tribute jackets fall square on their arses. This is a nice jacket but I would never pursue it at any price.

Garylafortuna

From the traditionalist's point of view, all wrong, but esthetically pretty darn beautiful. Only wish it was all dark seal brown instead of all black.

asiamiles

Silver Surfer said:
how is it that perfectly capable repro makers feel that they can improve on classic designs, materials, colors, hides, etc?
It's not a case of improving, it's simply that a clothing company needs to have new designs to stay in business, and making variants of 'classic designs' is one of Toyo's (and other makers) ways of doing it. I'm not 100% the B3 works in black - the B2 is probably better suited to the colour change - but for those that like the idea, I'm happy to see it exists.