• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BUZZ RICKSON'S MONARCH A-2 JACKET - SIZE 44

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Ah yes, a forum member listing.

Just read the description, in the inimitable style of Couchy. ;)

asiamiles

That's one small 44!! Compare the measurements -
Chest - 22 1/2", Shoulders - 17 1/2", Sleeve - 25 3/4", Back - 25 1/2"
- to those of my size 38 Buzz Poughkeepsie:
Chest = 21", Shoulders = 17 , Sleeve = 25" , Back = 24.5"

ausreenactor

Tis me.

Not sure how long Buzz Have been doing these. Label was the only guide as to Model. Any ideas appreciated,
could not find that contract number. This is the home of A-2 knowledge, so please feel free to enlighten me so
I can inform those hitting me with queries.

The 22 plus inches is across the base knit also. Very roomy. Biggest A-2 I have worn. Despite the tape there
is room a plenty! In the front of the shoulders and the upper sleeves especially. Tried on my 42 and there is
only a 1/4" difference in the shoulders. But relates to so much more room.
My twin label RW BR 42 is certainly smaller than this..with almost identical measurements??

BRSidebySide.jpg

Label is like none of the Dubow, Aero or RW styles. What other early contracts had collar stands? Unlike the GW
and ELC repros Buzz Rickson continue to use their name in the labels. Matched the 'g' in the Mfg to a Monarch label
and ran from there. Did a search on the contract and came up short. If you guys can find the maker they are trying
to replicate here, would love to hear it...

P5100840.jpg

Who knows...if it don't sell it can sit in with the rest. Still have 22 repros here, and the dollar is back to nearly US$0.77
Buyin' time is here. Could be back at parity in a year or two the way things are going??

Regards..

Couchy

ausreenactor

Nah...the BR 42 is one of the fab four. ELC House Vintage Russet, BR 37J1 42, BR RW Twin Label, ELC Irvin with original DOT zipper. They will be here for good. The rest are purely based on taste. I am bringing in my second M1 from Japan and they get expensive with the freight and Mr 13%'s cut. Have my Tanaka M1897 and the M1. Just sold a crappy resin M1 I had held in high regard until these bad boys rocked up.

Just need a paddock to roll around in with some mates...

Couchy

Roughwear

As has been said Monarchs did not have a collar stand and the ring snaps on the Buzz A2 were also not used by Monarch. It does not appear to resemble any particular maker's A2. Nevertheless its a nice jacket. Good luck with it.

ausreenactor

Murder Inc.

I dont count that as a jacket...it is a piece of art, and admired by a select few...

God knows how the jacket will go...Time will tell!!

Couchy

asiamiles

Roughwear said:
As has been said Monarchs did not have a collar stand and the ring snaps on the Buzz A2 were also not used by Monarch. It does not appear to resemble any particular maker's A2.
It's a common and garden Buzz House A-2 from the 90's...think the Japanese version of the "Eastma'am" :) Often seen on the secondary market in smaller sizes, but I don't really look out for larger ones.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
asiamiles said:
It's a common and garden Buzz House A-2 from the 90's...think the Japanese version of the "Eastma'am" :)

Yes !!

If I'm reading the contract number correctly, it's one that I researched when another example was for sale. It came up as 1995, the second year of the Buzz Rickson label.

By coincidence, I met the eventual buyer last week.

ausreenactor

Gents..

Was astounded when an OLD Eastman with heavy mothing fetched well into the $300's and I could not get an offer
over $300 on the Buzz A-2. Despite it's age and non-specific contract details the Russet hide on this is awesome. Shell
is great...giving it another chance. Starting the bid at $1.00!! Thought this one would have done okay. Apparently not!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0375790228

Lets see how it goes. Cost me just over $500. Would do better shipping it back to Japan for Mr. 13% to relist..

Couchy

asiamiles

ausreenactor said:
Would do better shipping it back to Japan for Mr. 13% to relist.

I dunno, as I don't really look out for how much the larger jackets sell for in Japan; in a smaller size though, I doubt it would fetch more than $400.

ausreenactor

I guarantee it would fare better on Yahoo Japan than eBay. Already there are 23 watchers with a $1.00 start bid. With an offer of $500 on auto accept last time, I had 19 watchers after 7 days, and only two offers in the mid $300's. People are just trying to get everything they can for as little as possible, just like I do. For six days nobody had placed a bid on the eBay ELC Werber. I knew the lowballers would be forced out after a bid was placed on it with around 12 hours to go, ahead of their planned snipes, forcing the bids. Ended up at a very reasonable $521.00. The wait for sellers is the major pain.

Couchy