• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Rickson's blue B-15C, it's FINALLY returned!

mezz07

Last March I entered Historical Preservation Associate's waiting list for the just released B-15C. Buzz hasn't made this model in 5 years so I was pretty excited to hear they are releasing this jacket style for Fall 2013. HPA said they would sell out very quickly, especially the size 44s, so I just had to snap one up. I've had the jacket for a little over a week and so far I am very impressed with it.

I own two other Buzz jackets, a blue B-15C Mod and a B-10. I love my blue Mod from last year, but it always bothered me a little that there was a very slight but noticeable purple tint to it. Also the Crown zipper would wiggle and flip back and forth and wouldn't stay straight for long. I'm happy to report that the new B-15C has neither of these problems. There is no hint of purple in this new jacket. Just beautiful deep blue. The fur is very soft and silky and is just delicious. It has longer cuffs than last years Mod with a lighter shade to the knit parts in general. But I really like the new longer knit style Buzz seems to be using this year on their jackets.

The shoulders are slightly smaller than my size 44 Mod at 19.5" on the B-15C vs. 20" on the Mod. The longer cuffs make the arms a little longer than the Mod which makes them a tinch too long for me. But that's my only complaint with this jacket, and it's a small complaint. Overall I'm very relieved and happy with my purchase. One other difference between the two jackets is that the Mod is a bit thicker and bulkier. I prefer the new jacket with it's slightly thinner interlining. Both jackets are the same length but when wearing the Mod just seems longer. Anyway here's some pics:

1_zpsd7bd0dba.jpg

2_zpse2f52461.jpg

3_zps99890572.jpg

4_zps525d0e56.jpg

5_zpsf0c0b52a.jpg

6_zps86dd4b94.jpg

7_zps6d15db78.jpg

8_zps19d7e84c.jpg

9_zpsc541531d.jpg

10_zps623ac00f.jpg

11_zpsad6ef2b6.jpg

Rutger

Looking good, nothing like putting on a brand new Buzz; they don't need breaking in.

mezz07

I smiled but my brother took too long to snap the picture, hence the annoyed look on my face. LOL. I definitely should smile more though.

oose

Hi,
Looks great, I've never managed to find a Buzz that has the right arm length, most of the originals I have owned fit perfect but the Buzz always seems an inch or two two long.

All the best
Stu

mezz07

TOMG1401 said:
Very nice how your jackets are displayed, what do you do for moth protection?

Thanks, I don't think I could get away with hanging all my jackets on the wall if I were married, so I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

I've been vary afraid of moths eating up my fur and wool knits. What do you guys suggest? All my jackets are less than 6 months old as I sold my older jackets to fund new purchases. So no moth problems yet.

mezz07

oose said:
Hi,
Looks great, I've never managed to find a Buzz that has the right arm length, most of the originals I have owned fit perfect but the Buzz always seems an inch or two two long.

All the best
Stu

The B-15C Mod has shorter cuffs and therefore the arms fit me pretty good. But you're right, the arms are an inch or so too long on the B-15C. It's the only thing wrong IMO with the jacket. I bought an Alpha Replica B-15D and they messed up the pattern so bad it hardly even resembled a B-15. So I'm very grateful to Buzz. I hope they fix the arm length some day.

BTW I assume you're associated with the website http://jetpilotoverseas.wordpress.com/category/l-2a/ I have found some really amazing pictures on there. In particular was three pictures of L-2A jackets with Green knit parts. Very interesting!

oose

Hi Henry
Here are a few shots, you can see the variations in hues of blue nylon, as well as the shorter arm length of originals! :)

All the best
Stu