• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Rickson's B-9 New Pics...WooHooo..

ausreenactor

Gents...

Hoping to utilise the fountain of knowledge that is "the forum". Just got a parcel containing a BR
B-9 Jacket. Having discovered the joy of the N-3B over Christmas the jacket will be a welcome
member of the gang over the winter in Oakey. The thing that puzzles me, is this version is tagged
as a Medium. Has all the features of the currently listed version. Has a hood that is buttoned on.
This could be the case for all, but no vendors descriptions are too detailed. It is not a United Carr.
Has a large Crown zipper, AAF decal, elastic back, quilted lining and every other feature of the
current $900 version. Any ideas. Super condition. And ideal pocket placement. No buttons for
cold fingers to deal with either! Genius. These pilots knew a good thing when they got it!
Thanks for your time...

Here it is hanging with hood...
DSC03029.jpg

Minus the hood...prefer it like this!!
DSC03030.jpg

Back of the neck..
DSC03022.jpg

Tag...Not a 42, 44 etc...but a Medium??
DSC03023.jpg

Whopping Crown Zipper!!
DSC03025.jpg

Elastic makes a snug feel in the waist...but awesome...and love the pockets..Decal smudged on ES of FORCES..only just...as new...

Couchy

Peter Graham

Re: Buzz Rickson's B-9

ausreenactor said:
Has a hood that is buttoned on.
Do you mean that you can take the hood right off ? I've never seen a B-9 like that but anything's possible. There were many variations. It's a great winter jacket. I've been wearing mine all week as it's bloody cold here and snow on the ground. How about some pics ?

Peter Graham

I think what you've got there is a repro of a postwar B-9 copy, if you follow. The cuffs are not B-9 type, nor is the hood. I think they have copied the label, apart from the name. See that it says "Original type". Postwar copies had that on the label, especially those made by Fitzwell sportwear. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking it. It's a great looking jacket.

asiamiles

Peter Graham said:
I think what you've got there is a repro of a postwar B-9 copy, if you follow. The cuffs are not B-9 type, nor is the hood. I think they have copied the label, apart from the name. See that it says "Original type". Postwar copies had that on the label, especially those made by Fitzwell sportwear. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking it. It's a great looking jacket.

I agree with Peter...and it looks great without the hood. I looked through some of my recent Buzz Catalogs and couldn't find it so must have been made a few years ago...there's likely a tag in one of the pockets with a number on it, from which you can determine when it was made, though I confess I don't know BR's numbering system myself.

ausreenactor

Gents..

The BR Tag says M13669..Googled it without success...Not too fussed about the pattern. Best of both worlds...And the usual BR quality. It is as new...

Thanks for the input!!

Couchy

asiamiles

ausreenactor said:
The BR Tag says M13669..Googled it without success...Not too fussed about the pattern. Best of both worlds...And the usual BR quality. It is as new...

Yes, it's an older one, they switched from the M prefix to BR several years ago.