Buzz Rickson N-1 Seawater Wash

Discussion in 'Cloth' started by Brent, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Brent

Brent Member

Alan asked,
    Does anyone know how the Seawater wash is achieved by the manufacturer ?
    Has anyone done their own version of this treatment to their N-1 and was it successful ?

I just sold a new BR N-1 Seawater wash that was too big for me and replacing it with the correct size is looking slim to none. I would order just the plain BR N-1 if I could accelerate the break in a little. I still try to wear a issued N-1 that is too small for me because it looks and feels great. Yeah, I resemble a sausage wearing it. Even the brand new Seawater wash was a bit stiff, though livable.

Regards,
    Brent

2. chamboid

chamboid Member

What size are you after?

3. Brent

Brent Member

Size? I would say 42, but looking at the different numbers from BR11549 (Seawater wash), BR1232 and BR1231 there is some differences.

On a side note here, I did read somewhere that sandblasting was the way of giving the N-1 the Seawater wash look. Please keep in mind though, that something could have been lost in the translation.

4. ausreenactor

ausreenactor Well-Known Member

'Mikeview'on FL has a BNWT 42 with the sexy USN font offered in a WTB post. Get on it...

5. Brent

Brent Member

Yep, I got in touch with him, $520.00 shipped. Not bad but too much for me. Thanks for the heads up though.

6. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

Brent - love my BR Seawater N-1 - THANKS!!!!

7. Brent

Brent Member

John,
    You are more than welcome. I sit hear waiting on the mail for my size 42, so this all has worked out well.

8. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

super!!!!

9. Garylafortuna

Garylafortuna Member

Media blasting may be a viable alternative to achieve the 'Seawater Wash' look, but sand blasting would probably destroy the garment, or at the very least render it extremely fragile. Check out dry ice blasting; much less invasive, and leaves no residue. Plenty of information available on YouTube.

10. Brent

Brent Member

Interesting, time for a little research. Thanks.