• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Rickson N-1 Seawater Wash

Brent

Alan asked,
Does anyone know how the Seawater wash is achieved by the manufacturer ?
Has anyone done their own version of this treatment to their N-1 and was it successful ?

I just sold a new BR N-1 Seawater wash that was too big for me and replacing it with the correct size is looking slim to none. I would order just the plain BR N-1 if I could accelerate the break in a little. I still try to wear a issued N-1 that is too small for me because it looks and feels great. Yeah, I resemble a sausage wearing it. Even the brand new Seawater wash was a bit stiff, though livable.

Regards,
Brent

Brent

Size? I would say 42, but looking at the different numbers from BR11549 (Seawater wash), BR1232 and BR1231 there is some differences.

On a side note here, I did read somewhere that sandblasting was the way of giving the N-1 the Seawater wash look. Please keep in mind though, that something could have been lost in the translation.

Brent

Yep, I got in touch with him, $520.00 shipped. Not bad but too much for me. Thanks for the heads up though.

Brent

John,
You are more than welcome. I sit hear waiting on the mail for my size 42, so this all has worked out well.

Garylafortuna

Media blasting may be a viable alternative to achieve the 'Seawater Wash' look, but sand blasting would probably destroy the garment, or at the very least render it extremely fragile. Check out dry ice blasting; much less invasive, and leaves no residue. Plenty of information available on YouTube.