• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Rickson L-2 17th Bomb Group (L) Jacket

ausreenactor

Has been a while since I delved into the BR market in Japan. Spied one of the 'special editions' from BR for a good price and had to pounce. Seldom seen and in my size. Had my eye on them when they came out. Have another bid on, so this could be a few weeks off before it arrives.

dhipuin1012-img450x600-1351183409uqyvrp29821.jpg

dhipuin1012-img450x600-1351183410se2od029821.jpg

Will get some more pics when she gets here..

Couchy

ausreenactor

The 17th Bomb Group alwyas had cred wtih the Doolittle Raider heritage; however, l am a fan of the Invader and these guys flew them in the Korean War. The Korean War was a recent bent in the eBay buys. I bought an Invader kit at the start of last year when we had nothing in the house after getting our posting. I ended up doing the decals on it as a French Indochina Squadron. The jacket will sit on the hanger wedged in between my BR L-2 and the BR 9th FBS L-2A, or it might get sold..Keen to check out the stitching. They are still retailing at over $600 in Japan? Nothing larger than a 38 though..

Couchy