• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Jungle Cloth...anyone seeing this aging?

zoomer

My BR 37J1 is a thing of beauty and a joy forever, but after 4 years' wear without a wash or dry clean, I'm seeing some interesting color changes.

I assume the catalyst is perspiration, but its kinda surprising to see a discoloration that's bright, not washed-out looking.

0.jpeg

0-1.jpeg

Spitfireace

Yup, same cloth used in the N-1. They never did issue khaki N-1's, but the olive drab always faded to a light khaki due to exposure to the elements etc. So when you see khaki N-1 repros, they are not technically correct. It's sort of a already aged look.

zoomer

oh, i figured on that. i'm just hoping my sleeves don't turn Mountain Dew yellow before the torso does.

Spitfireace

That could be a problem. The original N-1's faded to a uniform shade of khaki. The only way to tell that they were olive drab in the first place is to look in the pockets etc, where it's not exposed to the light. I guess the claim by BR that this is the same cloth as originals would be proven by that. If it doesn't fade the same way.

B-Man2

I didn’t see the answer to my question in this thread so I have to ask … Is Buzz still making this jacket ?

Dany McDonald

oh, i figured on that. i'm just hoping my sleeves don't turn Mountain Dew yellow before the torso does.

Zoomer, nice kut but I am suspecting something is going on with that cloth. The dye is reacting to sunlight quite uneven with an ''unconventional'' dislocation to my eye.
Not sure Buzz had this aging in mind.... But it may even out after more time outside.

D

Spitfireace

I mean the same cloth? Surely there is a limited need for that cloth these days except for vintage jacket repros.

zoomer

Bronson’s stuff is a lot lighter weight, 9-10oz/yd as most Bedford cord is.
The Buzz stuff is around 14oz and only one mill (in Japan) can make it any longer. It’s available ONLY to the ready-to-wear trade. You can't get it. Neither can your tailor.

Last edited:

Spitfireace

Bronson’s stuff is a lot lighter weight, 9-10oz/yd as most Bedford cord is.
The Buzz stuff is around 14oz and only one mill (in Japan) can make it any longer. It’s available ONLY to the ready-to-wear trade. You can't get it. Neither can your tailor.
Bronson actually has two weights of Bedford cord. The cheaper N-1 gets the 10 oz and the more expensive version gets the 14 oz. I gleaned this from comparing the descriptions of the two on their website.

zoomer

Bronson actually has two weights of Bedford cord. The cheaper N-1 gets the 10 oz and the more expensive version gets the 14 oz. I gleaned this from comparing the descriptions of the two on their website.
And no 37J1s use the heavy weight?