• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronson Shipping

CBI

1930s USCG Turtleneck Thermal - Black

SO, I just ordered one of these cool looking turtle necks. Can someone please explain to me why its only $6.99 to ship this heavyweight shirt all the way from China to the US? Meanwhile US postal fees are through the roof to ship anything anywhere. I mean, I KNOW the answer but geeez. I know, its a "fantasy" t-neck but I think it looks great and I love turtlenecks.............Thank you government subsidized China Post!

CBI

I assumed someone would make that comment about the lettering.................... I kinda like it........different for sure

Skyhawk

The main reason shipping is cheaper for companies to ship into the USA is that there are no customs fees, VAT, or Fashion tax. Italy even has a fashion tax now which is 12% on top of customs fees. Or so I have heard. I have not shipped out to Italy in while. I don't know exactly how China subsidization works, but I do know that there are huge savings through volume shipping if you have enough volume to move. Bronson ships a lot I imagine. Another factor is the cheap production cost. If you make something for $5 and then sell it for $35, there's a lot of profit that can be put towards keeping shipping costs down. Insurance is a non issue because there is not much of a risk . Replacing lost items is cheap, and value can be placed at the production cost. That way customs fees are kept low and it makes it easy to offer duty free shipping if you wish. I am not knocking Bronson. They have a lot of cool products and a great business model.
Good looking sweater there. I don't know much about them. Were the originals cotton or wool?

colekwok

Regardless of all the 'issues' in China, logistics seems to be one of their strength. Other than China Post, the official postal service, there are also some huge courier companies such as SF Express etc, owned by Ali. The sheer 'volume' seems to be their answer to the low cost of deliveries, mostly by rail within the country and then by air for the overseas. Only they know why it is so inexpensive.