• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BRONSON Garment - What's the deal?

Thomas Koehle

I have known BRONSON since approx 2009 when i was still living and working in China and BRONSON was available in mainland China and maybe TAIWAN via TAOBAO only.

Since then i purchased quiet a lot of stuff from them and actually have never been disappointed.

Nowadays its pretty easy to order from them - most of you already experienced it already - no Mandarin language skills necessary anymore and delivery straight to your place within about a week from China to whereever you're located.

One of the latest items i bought where "1942 US Army Chino Trousers" coz i was looking for something else but just denims/jeans.

Due to the fact that i do not own either originals nore the high-end "copy" from "The Real McCoy" i compared it with some "Engineer Pants" i ordered from "PIKE BROTHERS" years ago.

As from comparison of the value/price the BRONSON version is listed with 82.- bucks, the PIKE BROTHERS version was approx 170.- bucks and the "TRM" version is listed (believe it or not) 525.- Euros equals 570.- USD

Quality-wise the fabric of both pants have similar weight - sewing as well as those small acessories as well as craftmanship are similar quality as well.

pQLsFat.jpg

The BRONSON version in the background does not have those extra buttons for the suspenders and the D-ring (which wheren't a feature of the MIL-version anyway) other than that both pants look similar. As from a color-comparison the BRONSON version has a more "khaki-ish" tone than the PB pants

eFTPrss.jpg

similar impression from the backside: the PB version has a "chinch back" sotosay and an extra button to close the left butt-pocket.

Rr9pqnC.jpg

the internals of both pants show the main difference of both pieces: the BRONSON closure (what's that correct English word?) has 5 buttons whereas the PB has 4 buttons only. Means the waist of the BRONSON sits a thad higher than the PBs.

Jy2Icyd.jpg

dimension-wise the leg-cuffs are similar on both pants

finally some fit-pics for comparison (Chambray shirt = BRONSON Chinos / red cardigan = PIKE BROTHERS Chinos)

Ko3N58p.jpg

wBLUbsC.jpg

Concerning sizing both pants run true in the waist - the BRONSONs are available in inseam 32 only oppose to the PIKE BROTHERs which have been available in inseam up to 36. Due to that i needed to let out the cuffs of the BRONSON which is standard for me on all BRONSON pants.

my personal conclusion:
PIKE BROTHRES never claimed their "Engineer Pants" as 1:1 copies or repros of any specific garment neither civil or military. Materials and craftmanship are at a similar level on both pants. The BRONSONs needed some time at the seamstress but the PBs where "ready to wear" right out of the box. If you want to achieve that "vintage look" matching your fligth jackets with wearing some "oldschool" pants i'd highly recommend those BRONSON Chinos.

They are absolutely worth those 80.- bucks without being "cheapos" and i cannot imagine those "TRM" pants are that much better to justify a pricedifference of almost 500.- USD

For everyone feel free to post your experience with BRONSON products. I will try to post some more "reviews" of the other gear i got from BRONSON.

Cocker

Thomas Koehle

A very good and cheap alternative for those khaki trousers is WPG's enlisted Khaki cotton summer trousers. I liked mine so much that I even got a second pair: https://www.whatpriceglory.com/products/2400-us-khaki-cotton-summer-trousers-enlisted/

At 45USD a piece, they are, IMO, quite a steal. And also, they come with a standard 34 inseam, which means no need to undo the cuffs if you have long legs, like I do.

I think i have a pair of them somewhere as well - need to check ...

Cimmerian

I have known BRONSON since approx 2009 when i was still living and working in China and BRONSON was available in mainland China and maybe TAIWAN via TAOBAO only.

Since then i purchased quiet a lot of stuff from them and actually have never been disappointed.

Nowadays its pretty easy to order from them - most of you already experienced it already - no Mandarin language skills necessary anymore and delivery straight to your place within about a week from China to whereever you're located.

One of the latest items i bought where "1942 US Army Chino Trousers" coz i was looking for something else but just denims/jeans.

Due to the fact that i do not own either originals nore the high-end "copy" from "The Real McCoy" i compared it with some "Engineer Pants" i ordered from "PIKE BROTHERS" years ago.

As from comparison of the value/price the BRONSON version is listed with 82.- bucks, the PIKE BROTHERS version was approx 170.- bucks and the "TRM" version is listed (believe it or not) 525.- Euros equals 570.- USD

Quality-wise the fabric of both pants have similar weight - sewing as well as those small acessories as well as craftmanship are similar quality as well.

pQLsFat.jpg

The BRONSON version in the background does not have those extra buttons for the suspenders and the D-ring (which wheren't a feature of the MIL-version anyway) other than that both pants look similar. As from a color-comparison the BRONSON version has a more "khaki-ish" tone than the PB pants

eFTPrss.jpg

similar impression from the backside: the PB version has a "chinch back" sotosay and an extra button to close the left butt-pocket.

Rr9pqnC.jpg

the internals of both pants show the main difference of both pieces: the BRONSON closure (what's that correct English word?) has 5 buttons whereas the PB has 4 buttons only. Means the waist of the BRONSON sits a thad higher than the PBs.

Jy2Icyd.jpg

dimension-wise the leg-cuffs are similar on both pants

finally some fit-pics for comparison (Chambray shirt = BRONSON Chinos / red cardigan = PIKE BROTHERS Chinos)

Ko3N58p.jpg

wBLUbsC.jpg

Concerning sizing both pants run true in the waist - the BRONSONs are available in inseam 32 only oppose to the PIKE BROTHERs which have been available in inseam up to 36. Due to that i needed to let out the cuffs of the BRONSON which is standard for me on all BRONSON pants.

my personal conclusion:
PIKE BROTHRES never claimed their "Engineer Pants" as 1:1 copies or repros of any specific garment neither civil or military. Materials and craftmanship are at a similar level on both pants. The BRONSONs needed some time at the seamstress but the PBs where "ready to wear" right out of the box. If you want to achieve that "vintage look" matching your fligth jackets with wearing some "oldschool" pants i'd highly recommend those BRONSON Chinos.

They are absolutely worth those 80.- bucks without being "cheapos" and i cannot imagine those "TRM" pants are that much better to justify a pricedifference of almost 500.- USD

For everyone feel free to post your experience with BRONSON products. I will try to post some more "reviews" of the other gear i got from BRONSON.
I am new to Bronson - what is the best way of ordering from them now?

Kennyz

I was considering ordering Bronson's Corduroy Peacoat...can anyone tell me if their jackets tend to run small or large?

Ken

CBI

the Bronson Corduroy Peacoat runs large. They are GREAT jackets, I had one but not for very long. I LOVED it but its a TOTAL lint and hair magnet. So much so, that it ruined the jacket really. I had to use a lint roller before every wearing and after a while lint/hair would get imbedded in it (the fabric).

Adama36

A very good and cheap alternative for those khaki trousers is WPG's enlisted Khaki cotton summer trousers. I liked mine so much that I even got a second pair: https://www.whatpriceglory.com/products/2400-us-khaki-cotton-summer-trousers-enlisted/

At 45USD a piece, they are, IMO, quite a steal. And also, they come with a standard 34 inseam, which means no need to undo the cuffs if you have long legs, like I do.
Curious to know if they fit like originals: large and baggy

Kennyz

the Bronson Corduroy Peacoat runs large. They are GREAT jackets, I had one but not for very long. I LOVED it but its a TOTAL lint and hair magnet. So much so, that it ruined the jacket really. I had to use a lint roller before every wearing and after a while lint/hair would get imbedded in it (the fabric).
Thanks CBI, excellent info.

(and thanks @mulceber for your suggestion).

Ken

B-Man2

just me but all of my Bronson pants were waaaaaay toooooo baggy for my taste. as in too baggy to even wear. they looked the part, were well made but...............
Had similar problem but a couple of washings in hot water and a toss in the dryer solved that problem . HOWEVER … while they shrink up nicely in the butt , thighs and legs .. so does the waist .. :rolleyes: