• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronson B-15A, 1st Look

Greg Gale

I always wanted a B-10 and these look pretty good for the price. But purchasing one wouldn’t make sense - I already have a G-1, an MA-1 and an Irvin for the colder days. I’d never get to wear them enough.

Flightengineer

I like the look of B-15A more than B-10 and despite the fact that I have MA-1 I want to try it .... This collar beckons me :)
Especially the guys here say it's warmer and lighter G-1, I want this jacket.

Flightengineer

Looking forward to see the jacket on you

I just picked up my Bronson B-15A at the post office.
Just wow! Excellent jacket, thank to you and Burt for helping me clarify my size. It suits me perfectly.
Somewhat later I, as promised, will start a thread about it and write in detail my impressions and photos.
Or is it better to write in this thread?

Brettafett

Looking forward to your feedback Dmitry.
In London at the moment, if I even think about B-10s or B-15s I start sweating!

B-Man2

D
I’m happy to have helped out. I knew that you would like that jacket. For the money there’s not a better one in my opinion . Now if I could just find one in my size:(.

Flightengineer

Here are the first few pics taken by my phone.

The jacket is still bit crumpled, just unpacked after receipt.
Very well made.

Talon repro zip, I removed puller (as on G-1).

I'll plan to make a puller made of leather same shape as on the original.

The fur is a natural mouton (although not indicated on the label), I checked a pinch of a small piece and burned it.

It's not synthetic, it has real fur smell which is nice.

This jacket will be washed according to Thomas's method to get rid of the "new" look.
There will be stencilled inscriptions on the windflap and possibly will place patch.

Which patch will be placed I have not decided yet, I put my old A2s patch on pics as an example.

Last edited:

B-Man2

If anyone finds one of these in a XXL........ please give me a shout so I can get one of these.
Thanks all.

falcon_ib

Nice Dimitry! I’ve been very satisfied with my Bronson products as well. Hoping they release more soon. Do the cuffs have seams?

Thomas Koehle

Don’t wanna bust anyones Christmas-wishlist but I haven’t seen the B15 in XXL before. At least not on TaoBao.

As with some other pieces outta their portfolio I think they produce only up to size XL (42).

“The Dong” also updated their sales-page on TB recently claiming that B10 is back in XXL but when I tried to buy one they told me is already sold out.

So whenever you find BD or BRON stuff in 44 grab it it won’t last long.

Thomas Koehle

Thanks Dmitry for sharing those pics!

Btw if you wanna stencil the jacket i’d maybe do it before you wash her. If you first stencil and then wash the text/markings will also fade a bit and thus look more realistic

Flightengineer

Thanks Dmitry for sharing those pics!

Btw if you wanna stencil the jacket i’d maybe do it before you wash her. If you first stencil and then wash the text/markings will also fade a bit and thus look more realistic

To begin I have washed it once, now it is dried.
If it's necessary, I'll repeat it after applying the stencils.
I have not exactly decided yet, but I think it will be a squadron flying my favorite C-47s.

B-Man2

I know I wrote this on the other thread but if anyone sees an XXL for sale in one of these, please give me a shout out.
Thanks

zoomer

I wish you the best of luck with that Burt...the West is a market China wants but will not go out of its way to meet. It might take Western capital to induce them to do that.

B-Man2

I wish you the best of luck with that Burt...the West is a market China wants but will not go out of its way to meet. It might take Western capital to induce them to do that.

I agree , as a side note I had a Bronson 15A that I had ordered before I knew about the sizing problem on jackets coming out of China. I normally wear an XL so I passed on an XXL which was available at the time, and ordered a XL. When I received the jacket and realized the sizing problem, I immediately tried to order the XXL, but it was too late and they were sold out. Haven’t seen an XXL anywhere since:(

Technonut2112

Looks great! :)Bronson has become a solid brand. I'm pretty sure that I passed up an XXL B-15A awhile back, and now regret it. I was told by a couple of AliExpress sellers to be looking around fall for the new B-10's, so hopefully the B-15A will be released then also.

Flightengineer

Jacket yesterday washed and still drying now.
Since Tuesday, I'm waiting for a lot of crazy work and will probably have to deal with this jacket in rare moments when I'm at home.
I plan to make a stencil of the 41st Troop Carrier Squadron. One my old american friend and colleague once served there (later WW2), and I would be glad to reproduce the jacket with they early emblem, and yes, they flew C-47s in 1942-47 :)
However, this is not yet the final decisionI and I will be grateful to everyone for any photos of original B-15 and B-15A with sqn and names text stencils (maybe on a chest or back ? not on flaps only) for a sample. Its hard to find this pics in web, although, perhaps, may be I looked not vey active.
Thanks all in advance.