• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronson B-15A, 1st Look

Flightengineer

Dimitry
The Bronson B-15A was really a fine jacket with alpaca lining throughout the entire jacket including the sleeves. It could easily be worn with nothing more than T-shirt on a cold day. I wish I could find another one in a XXL or a larger size, I would buy it immediately, but the search has been useless. I just don't understand why the company doesn't make them in larger sizes for the markets outside of Asia.

Thank you. How is Bronson B-15A lightweight / heavy?

Flightengineer

Burt, forgive me my English, still it's not my native language :) ( spoiled by the communication with ATC and ground personnel at various airports) :)
I did not mean a lightweight version of Bronson.
I wanted to ask you how much this jacket weighs - how much heavier it is than USN G-1 for example or lighter in comparison.

B-Man2

Dimitry
My apologies, the jacket weight is definitely lighter that a G-1 but the alpaca lining is very warm and lines the entire jacket including the sleeves. It is warmer that a USN G-1 . As I said I wish I could find one in a XXL or a 46. I’d buy it in a flash.

Flightengineer

Thank you. My chest is exactly 39 inches. What do you think, Bronson's size L = 40 would suit me, as Thomas advised? On one listing I saw that the pit to pit marked as 23.25 inches for L size.

B-Man2

Dimitry
I think it would fit but you might want to consider that the lining with take a little more room on the inside of the jacket. So if the outside measurement is 23.25 the lining will take up a little extra space on the inside.

Flightengineer

Thank you all once again for your help.
Today I purchased Bronson B-15A, I do not know when the Chinese mail will deliver it.
In the eВay listing seller indicated free delivery with a monstrous term (about 60 days), deadline October 1 :) The main thing is get ordered size :)

B-Man2

Hey D
When it arrives let us know how you like it and please post some photos of it. I’m still looking for a XXL if anyone happens to spot one for sale someplace.
Cheers

Flightengineer

I'm just afraid that I'll have to wait too long.
I only once bought from China with free shipping (it was big canvas bag ) and it was eternity.
This seller does not accept returns
Pleases just that there is a program to protect buyers on eBay :) If something will go wrong.

B-Man2

I'm just afraid that I'll have to wait too long.
I only once bought from China with free shipping (it was big canvas bag ) and it was eternity.
This seller does not accept returns
Pleases just that there is a program to protect buyers on eBay :) If something will go wrong.

Was the seller Xinwater? or something like that?
If so, I've purchased jackets from them and they will correct a problem if you have one.

Technonut2112

Personally, I would have tried ordering from AliExpress. I've made multiple orders from them without a hitch, and most of the time is a good bit less expensive than eBay. A big plus about ordering from there is that the payment is held from the seller by AliExpress until the buyer checks off as being satisfied. I was not satisfied that the lining color of the Bronson B-10 I had totally did not match the pics. The seller didn't want to offer a discount, so I filed a claim for $50.00 to be knocked-off. I supplied photos, and AliExpress withheld $50.00 from the seller's payment, and refunded it to me. :)

Flightengineer

Personally, I would have tried ordering from AliExpress. I've made multiple orders from them without a hitch, and most of the time is a good bit less expensive than eBay. A big plus about ordering from there is that the payment is held from the seller by AliExpress until the buyer checks off as being satisfied. I was not satisfied that the lining color of the Bronson B-10 I had totally did not match the pics. The seller didn't want to offer a discount, so I filed a claim for $50.00 to be knocked-off. I supplied photos, and AliExpress withheld $50.00 from the seller's payment, and refunded it to me. :)

Well, it's too late to change anything now :)
I'm grateful for your advice. Maybe in the future I'll try, if necessary. Just eBay is more familiar to me :)

Flightengineer

Now I found this jacket on AliExpress. The price is slightly less, but with shipping charges it is the same as on eBay. Delivery times to Moscow are as long as on eBay.
So .... I crossed fingers and will wait the jacket. Or at least the tracking number from the seller to start :)