Bronson B-15A, 1st Look

Discussion in 'Cloth' started by B-Man2, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Obscurator

Obscurator New Member

I'd also be interested to hear more about the Brabander/QMI B-10 and B-15 jackets, as I'm looking for something economical which I can wear in circumstances where it'll probably get messed up very quickly. I'd rather not do this to my BR.

I think I saw somewhere that they are reckoned to be very short, but what I'd like to know is the composition of the lining material and whether the collar is real mouton. If it's synthetic, then "no thanks".

2. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

It's a shame but you're about 1 year late as ATF had a really great B-10 - they even had a sale on it sometime around spring last year. It was copied from a Stagg contract version (actually from a jacket which used to belong to a member here) and has a synthetic lining, not a bad thing if you're one of those that scratch like a monkey with alpaca, the lining actually looks pretty good, and it has a real mouton collar and for a damn good price. They are also built like a brick shit house, I wore mine last year dismantling a verandah and building a new one so lots of nails, sharp edges but no worries. Sadly they are no longer available.

But you could always hit up Rollin at ATF and see if they're on the cards in the future. I happen to have two of them a large and a medium, I'm keeping the large but might have the medium up for sale if one of my mates doesn't want it, he's coming over to visit this year and has first dibs on it.

Art likes this.
  3. Obscurator

Obscurator New Member

Typical! I'm always late to the party; but thanks for the information.

4. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

They show up every now and then on ebay too so all is not lost.

5. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Active Member

As for the “Quartermaster” B10’s lining as well as collar are all synthetic from a kind of “Teddy-like” material.

And yes! They are on the short side ...

The shortest in my collection and some of the forum-guys around are able to distinguish the manufacturer only from the lenght.

I think pricewise they ain’t that bad but compared even to the chinese repops i’d rather go with a Bronson ir Bob Dong.

If you are interested in a uses one i’d let my Brabander B10 go - it’s a size 44/46.

Once again in comparison with the recently on the market chinese ones the Brabander would only be my “Plan B”

6. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

that`s the "auartermasters" B10 - no pic in particular off the collar / liner but maybe a slight impression of the material anyway

on the fitpics the jacket barely covers my kidneys

dujardin and falcon_ib like this.
  7. Obscurator

Obscurator New Member

Lots of helpful information here, for which thanks.

After a lot of thought, I've decided to stick with what I know, and will get a BR B10. This will be my "try not to mess up" model, and others will have to take their chances in daily wear.

Being unadventurous has one advantage, in that most concerns over size and fit are eliminated.