• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronson B-10

Technonut2112

Just to revive this as they have stock again and am looking to pull the trigger just worried about sizing and looking for opinions.

I usually wear a size 44 and my last Good Wear Shearling was a 46 and the fit was great. I'm 5' 11" and 200 pounds so I'm torn between the two reviews to go with the Large which shows a 46" chest or the XL which shows a 48" chest. I'm leaning towards the XL as the shoulders match my Good Wear better then the Large Bronson does.

I'm not looking for a really trim fit I'd rather have the option to layer if I so choose. Also don't need the Michelin man look.

Opinions?

You are within hailing distance of my weight / height.... I would grab the XL for the fit you're looking for. I'm certain that the Large would be too small for you.

I'm still liking my Bronson B-10 VERY much.. Outstanding quality for the $$ IMO. :) BTW: The goat Bronson A-1's are showing sizes across-the-board as also in-stock (Another Bronson which I like quite well ;) ).....

EDIT: Since PhotoBucket went tits-up with wanting a monthly ransom for 3rd party hosting, here are a few of the pics I posted previously of my Bronson B-10:

DSCF0094.JPG

DSCF0095.JPG

DSCF0096.JPG

Last edited:

CoreyM

I was thinking the XL would be best too. Just pulled the trigger on an XL in the darker green colour.

I'll let you know how it goes. Checkout is all secure and I also have my verified by visa as well so no worries there.

Now just the excited waiting, I really wanted a decent but not to pricy jacket for every day winter wear that I don't need to worry about as obsessively as the shearlings I've had.

CoreyM

The jacket arrived today. I was all excited and pulled it out it looks great and well made.

The measurements match up well to what was shown online it seems but I'm unsure of the fit right now. Waiting for the GF to get home and give me her opinion and maybe snap some pics.

For the price is an impressive jacket for sure.

Thomas Koehle

The jacket arrived today. I was all excited and pulled it out it looks great and well made.

The measurements match up well to what was shown online it seems but I'm unsure of the fit right now. Waiting for the GF to get home and give me her opinion and maybe snap some pics.

For the price is an impressive jacket for sure.

yeah - some fitpics would be interesting ...

CoreyM

The tag in the jacket says it's a 42 which can't be right. The back is pretty much maxed out when I zip the jacket. The one pic shows arms just slightly forward and you can see the effect.

It sits maybe 1" past the waist of my jeans and any arm movement near shoulder height will lift it to my belly button. The sleeves at the shoulder area with any movement are rather snug.

I'm wondering if I should have ordered an xxl large. My sleeve length is fine but the next size will add 1" to their length.

All photo's are with a t-shirt only. I don't think I could manage a sweater with this jacket. I have to pull the two sides together to zip the jacket 5" from where it rests to zip it up.

Body wise I am 5'11 200 pounds. Usually a 44 suit jacket is the perfect fit the good wear B-6 I had was a 46 and fit well.

IMG_1929.JPG
IMG_1930.JPG
IMG_1931.JPG
IMG_1932.JPG

Smithy

Doesn't look terrible by any means but it does look a tad snug in the shoulders. Plus if it rides up to the belly button that would drive me round the twist. I'd go bigger if it was me.

Just my 2 rupees worth.

johnwayne

I reckon Techonauts B10 is a copy of BR's Superior Togs version given its rust/berry knits and having the BR myself I must say that don't look bad at all, certainly keenly priced. Re CoreyM's then personally I wouldn't change it, a size up I think would look too big - the shoulder seams, waist and sleeves sit where they should IMO - look at pics of originals! As to what you wear underneath then I can't ever see myself wearing much more than a tee and normal shirt, the alpaca lining on my BR would make it way too toasty for much else!!

CoreyM

The Bronson is a wool mix lining. It's not alpaca I don't think it's a shorter looking pile so not sure how its cold effectiveness will be just yet. Living in Western Canada I also understand my idea of cold if much different then some others.

The jacket just doesn't feel right when I wear it. A bit more room in the shoulder and maybe an inch in the torso would be perfect for me. Sadly I don't think they do refunds or exchanges. Looking at their size chart the XXL doesn't grow by too much but might be just right. The sleeves are longer by 1" which is my only concern as these sleeves seem right but 1" might not be terrible.

This is their size chart

HTB1YHJpOXXXXXcbXXXXq6xXFXXXz.jpg

B-Man2

The XXL gives you about another inch in length which is what you probably need, but the last line of the sizing chart (within 1-2 cm tolerance) tells me that there's no
guarantee you won't get something close to what you already have.

johnwayne

Whilst my BR B10 at times feels short in the body, again I think that's how it supposed to be but to you if 'it just doesn't feel right' then so be it but I'd be a tad concerned as B-Man2 suggests, especially as you can't return the size you have! I recall when I got my GW Doniger A2 direct from JC and the first time I tried it on 'it just felt right' so conversely I know where you're coming from.

Technonut2112

I reckon Techonauts B10 is a copy of BR's Superior Togs version given its rust/berry knits and having the BR myself I must say that don't look bad at all, certainly keenly priced. Re CoreyM's then personally I wouldn't change it, a size up I think would look too big - the shoulder seams, waist and sleeves sit where they should IMO - look at pics of originals! As to what you wear underneath then I can't ever see myself wearing much more than a tee and normal shirt, the alpaca lining on my BR would make it way too toasty for much else!!

Going by the comparison pics of the BR B-10 on the seller's Bronson B-10 page, Bronson was indeed going for a direct knock-off.. ;) The only thing which disappoints me about the Bronson B-10 in general is the reversed (compared to the USA) left-handed zipper... However, I have a few jackets from the UK with left-handed pulls, so it's not a biggie for me.

I also struggled with the sizing chart at first. For me it was a matter of trying to take the lining thickness into consideration, as well as the lengths. As one can see in my fit pics above, the jacket almost looks made to measure for me. VERY comfortable to wear. I wouldn't want the extra room in the chest or length which the next size up offers. I'm 5' 11.5" tall, and float between 185-190 lbs. Regardless of my actual 44 inch chest size, I suppose my body-type favors this pattern in a size 42..

CoreyM... Personally, I think the jacket looks a bit trim on you, but still looks great. As posted though, YOU need to be satisfied with the fit. I would reach-out to the seller for an exchange before the next size up vanishes. It's at least worth asking about if you're not happy. ;)

Thomas Koehle

CoreyM... Personally, I think the jacket looks a bit trim on you, but still looks great. As posted though, YOU need to be satisfied with the fit. I would reach-out to the seller for an exchange before the next size up vanishes. It's at least worth asking about if you're not happy. ;)

perfect advice! i`m 100% with "Techno" also thinking the jacket ain`t look bad on you - actually today I wear my B10 and still very satisfied with what I got for my money

once again I'm a 44 chest like Techno but choose for the 44 - think it is in your personal preference wether you`d go with the one or other size ...

anyway - facing the fact that mostly the larger sizes sell out pretty quick - and if you don`t want to wait for a new production batch you should decide asap otherwise the XXL is no longer available ...

unfortunately as far as my experience is customer-service is pretty poor with most of the Chinese manufacturers so I'd rather try to sell the jacket on ebay or here in the forum coz it spares you some nerves and additional money for shipping the jackets back and forth

my XXL - I stand 1.90 mtr tall with a 44 chest and weight around 95 kg

Lvki8BE.jpg

HjNTmLo.jpg

VhBVmWt.jpg

pictures do not represent the real colour of the jacket

CBI

it will cost you about $75 to ship the jacket back to China -- had that issue once with an eBay china based seller of jackets

CoreyM

I will probably just order the xxl and then sell the other jacket. I sent them a message 2 days ago with no response yet so I doubt they will do much.

Thomas: Your jacket has a more relaxed fit then mine does in the front of my shoulders that I am looking for. I could live with the length but it just feels a bit tight in the shoulders even when relaxed. Otherwise I can;t fault the jacket at all.

Always a bit of a gamble ordering clothing online. On the plus side the girlfriend actually likes the jacket and says the style suits me so that's a plus. I need a winter jacket and refuse to buy some sort of puffy mall parka.

Smithy

The fit on Thomas's one is pretty much exactly the same as my ATF version fits me and which I'm thrilled with. I use my B-10 as one of my manual labour jackets, so building, working on the car, chopping and carrying firewood, etc so I certainly couldn't live with a super trim fit on mine.

The B-10 is a great design, they're practical, warm, and if sized right very easy to wear. I'm very happy with mine, actually wore it today to shovel snow.

Best of luck with the XXL.

CoreyM

Well Bronson is awesome. They where willing to exchange the jacket minus shipping or give me 10% discount to buy another size and sell the jacket I had on my own. I think it's a pretty fair offer.

I am taking the discount and will sell the other jacket. Anyone interested in a discounted Bronson never been worn for more then 10mins?

MeachamLake

These jackets look surprisingly good for the cash. Can you order directly from Bronson? Or can you only purchase via AliExpress etc?