• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BRONCO AC 29191

Roughwear

I have been on the look out for a decent size 44 Bronco for several years to add to my collection. I managed to buy this one recently and am very pleased with it. It is made from spray finished hh and dates from 1942 when Bronco was awarded this their first of two contracts. It is in well preserved condition with eveything being original. I like the contrast between the dark brown knits and the russet hh. The Crown zip is in excellent condition and runs very smoothly. It was issued to Lt Lloyd L Barnes (B. 1917) who enlisted in the USAAF, on 7th April 1942 in Dallas, Texas. This is very nice wearable jacket.

001-27.jpg

022-17.jpg

015-33.jpg

016-32.jpg

013-32.jpg

004-30.jpg

006-31.jpg

021-16.jpg

007-30.jpg

010-32.jpg

deand

You find the best, Andrew! That hide has matured like fine wine. Great shape, too! I wear a 44, butI'll bet that a vintage like that one would be tight, eh?

dean

Persimmon

Andrew,
It looks a great purchase.
Love the collar.
Love the colour and I think it may well a great fit for you.
And with history too.
Best Wishres to you for tomorrow and I hope we meet up at Duxford this year.
Roll on the shows.
Happy Christmas

SuinBruin

Nice jacket and so emblematic of the Bronco pattern -- russet HH, bar-tacked hanger, beveled pocket corners, Crown zip, wider sleeve ends. I love it.

nogbat

so it looks like you have your christmas present andrew,,, merry christmas to you and your family//

bazelot

Awesome jacket Andrew, it looks like it was barely worn.
I am still waiting for my original Bronco to be delivered. Could you post measurements of the jacket?

Roughwear

Here are the measurements: Armpit to armpit: 23", across the shoulders: 19", sleeve (including knit): 25.5 and down the back from base of collar: 25.25". I hopes these measurements help you Tom.

bazelot

Roughwear said:
Here are the measurements: Armpit to armpit: 23", across the shoulders: 19", sleeve (including knit): 25.5 and down the back from base of collar: 25.25". I hopes these measurements help you Tom.

Thanks Andrew. It does help. It looks llike the one i am still waiting for is a size 42 then. the stated measurements are as follows. The size tag is missing.

ARMPIT TO ARMPIT 22 INCHES

SHOULDER TO SHOULDER 18 INCHES

NECK SEAM TO END OF WAIST BAND 25 INCHES

SHOULDER SEAM TO END OF CUFF 25 INCHES