• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Broken in Spray Dye Photos?

SteveN

Does anyone have any photos of a broken in jacket that is spray dyed? I've got a new RMNZ Dubow that is spray dyed. The finish seems to rub off on the high spots reveling a lighter color below.

Anyone know how prevalent this kind of coloring was on original A-2s? Seems most of the vintage jackets I see photos of are dyed all the way through and little scuffs and such don't show up at all.

- SteveN

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
SteveN said:
Anyone know how prevalent this kind of coloring was on original A-2s? Seems most of the vintage jackets I see photos of are dyed all the way through and little scuffs and such don't show up at all.

- SteveN

Steve, I think originals are often this way, when in an 'as found' condition.

I like the look, but by the time they are resold, the colour is often evened up by a coating of the Pecards.

Beacon.jpg

mazeta

On nicely-aged originals, the original color can come back through the over-spray, creating a very nice effect...

2370731960_d30c0d65a9_o.jpg

2370732128_d0011d4ea3_o.jpg

2369897779_dd22a8d8f4_o.jpg

2370732518_cf146f436d_o.jpg