• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

breaking in a horsehide jacket

kojax

i got a new a-2 horsehide jacket how long does it take to loosen up. i been wearing it for 2 weeks now thanks

442RCT

I purchased a couple of used HH jackets that were really well broken in, I asked the seller what he did to get then so supple. He told me whenever he was sitting and had his hands free, i.e.- watching the telly, he'd knead the leather jacket. I don't know how much time this will take but the jackets were really, really soft and supple. :lol:

KhalilSheikh

An old trick I've heard about from others is to bag up the crumpled jacket into some type of sack (a pillowcase is perfect), and tumble it in the dryer (with no heat, of course).

dmar836

Breaking it in for comfort? Shouldn't take more than a season or two of regular easy wear.
Hard frequent wear? Maybe one season.
Daily, hard war conditions? A few months.
For getting the look of a WW2 jacket? About 60 years!

It depends on the HH - how was it tanned. What is it's weight? What kind of jacket?

I have a GoodWear that is already comfortable with very little wear.

Dave