• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boss went crazy, special holidays offer prior to closing

A

Anonymous

Hi,
Anyone who orders a Victory horse A-2 jacket anytime from now until closing of business tomorrow Friday Aug 9,
will receive a free USN jacket of his choice.
Two for the price of one. Not even pizza hut gives you that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offer applies for the first person who will order. So order first, discuss the details/measurements later.
First come first served.

Happy holidays!

PS: if you order but someone else got you first, you will be refunded asap

A

Anonymous

first who PMs doesn't win
first who orders wins

"who dares wins"

unclegrumpy

PLATON said:
first who PMs doesn't win first who orders wins
Dr H was following Forum rules, and should not be penalized. While I understand that a PM is not an order, it is traditionally the start to one. I think Dr H should be allowed a reasonable chance to comply.

Maybe if you did a better job outlining the most basic rules of your promotions, there would be less chance of a misunderstanding. For example, how the hell does anybody know what time your shop closes on Friday?

Dr H

Just to clarify, my PM was an enquiry about prices.
I'm interested in the 'buy one, get one free' deal, which sounds like a bargain (I'd love a Perry 42-16175-P/G&F M-422A duo), but I'm not sure that I have the readies to stump up at the moment.

unclegrumpy

Dr H said:
Just to clarify, my PM was an enquiry about prices.

The price is one of those basics that was not stated. Hopefully, it turns out to reasonable enough for you to be able to take advantage of this offer....if you so choose.

unclegrumpy

ButteMT61 said:
Processing and handling...

Forget these little details man, what about Couchy!

If he forgoes his HBT lining, can he cancel his old order and re up for a free M422?

bseal

I'm sorry, but Platon/Andy clearly said "order."

Unilateral contract with performance as consideration.

Closed case.

A

Anonymous

Dr H was following Forum rules, and should not be penalized. While I understand that a PM is not an order, it is traditionally the start to one. I think Dr H should be allowed a reasonable chance to comply.

Maybe if you did a better job outlining the most basic rules of your promotions, there would be less chance of a misunderstanding. For example, how the hell does anybody know what time your shop closes on Friday?

Dr H wasn't penalized and there is plenty of time to comply until Friday 9 August. Closing of business is when shops close i.e. at 21:00 hours local time. (We are GMT +2 if this helps and have summer time)

Regarding prices, these are known because they are all over BK's website.

leper-colony

Ordered an A-2. Not all the BK jackets are listed, so I bunted.

I'm assuming there will be a refund in my future? :?

Jon

PLATON said:
Hi,
Anyone who orders a Victory horse A-2 jacket anytime from now until closing of business tomorrow Friday Aug 9,
will receive a free USN jacket of his choice.
Two for the price of one. Not even pizza hut gives you that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offer applies for the first person who will order. So order first, discuss the details/measurements later.
First come first served.

Happy holidays!

PS: if you order but someone else got you first, you will be refunded asap

unclegrumpy

PLATON said:
Dr H wasn't penalized and there is plenty of time to comply until Friday 9 August.

Since I believe you are only doing one two for one deal, not two for one deals for as many people that order until your end of business on Friday 9 August, I think Dr H feared losing out if he did not PM.

The fact that he did not see the price in your original post complicated matters, because it appears he found upon further research, that it was too high for him to afford at this time.

Had you posted the the most basic terms of this sales promotion in your post....as one would be required to do in the Forum's Buy and Sell section....I think that Dr H may well have not PM'ed you. It would also be much clearer and strait forward for everyone else.

bseal

PLATON said:

Dr H wasn't penalized and there is plenty of time to comply until Friday 9 August. Closing of business is when shops close i.e. at 21:00 hours local time. (We are GMT +2 if this helps and have summer time)

Concur. Except that Dr. H should have ordered an Aeronaut ASAP.

leper-colony

It was for A-2 only from my read.

bseal said:
PLATON said:

Concur. Except that Dr. H should have ordered an Aeronaut ASAP.

A

Anonymous

OK, the clear instruction was "order first ask questions later"