Bomber Jacket Photo Project...

Discussion in '**ANNOUNCEMENTS**' started by johnslemp, Jan 14, 2015.

1. johnslemp

johnslemp New Member

Hello Folks!

I must admit that until recently I was unaware of this group, but I've undertaken a project that might be of interest to the members. I'm a commercial photographer in Atlanta, with a specialization in Aviation. Over the holidays I began photographing WWII "bomber jackets", or as they are more properly known, A2 jackets. I'm specifically seeking jackets with hand-painted artwork, preferably on both sides, from the WWII period. The present condition is irrelevant. All who participate will receive a free print of each side of the jacket for their efforts.

The eventual goal is to create an exhibition (with life-sized prints), a book, or both.

Additional details, including my contact information, can be found here: http://aerographsblog.com/wordpress/?p=1457

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have...

2. dujardin

dujardin Active Member

that's a great idea (project)

by the way, welcome aboardddddddddddd

3. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

welcome to the abusement park.

4. johnslemp

johnslemp New Member

Thanks guys...

5. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Member

WELCOME TO THE BOOBY HATCH!

I think this is a great idea, and a traveling exhibition would be very cool to see. Wish that I owned more painted originals, as I would love to participate, but I do wish you all the best luck with the project, from one artist and artisan to another.

6. johnslemp

johnslemp New Member

Hello Dave!

Thanks so much. The project has received some good, actually great response so far. Will keep everyone posted as to progress…

7. flyboy

flyboy Member

Great idea. :eek: .....looking so much forward to the result.

8. johnslemp

johnslemp New Member

Hello Gents!

Back with an update. To date, 29 jackets have been photographed, including 7 in June at the National Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola, Florida, and just last week, 13 more were photographed at the Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum in DC. While I'm still processing the images from last week, 16 are posted to my website, and can be seen here: http://aerographs.photoshelter.com/inde ... IwSfHDZ.GQ

If you know of anyone who has an ORIGINAL A-2 or G-1 from WWII, please consider putting us in touch. My email is john@aerographs.com and I can be reached via cell at (404) 245-2411.

In advance, Thanks!

John