• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Stallion HH?

injunjack said:
let me hear opinions on the Black Horse Jacket. I'd like to know if we're thinking alike. What size did you order?

Jack
ps. imo, the belt needs to be replaced with proper duty belt.
I ordered a size 46. I will definitely do a review.

MikeyB-17 said:
sealbeachbum said:
I replaced my motorcycle last Thursday with a new 2010 Harley Davidson Electraglide Ultra Limited. :D

Pictures, man, dammit!! :)
Haha! OK Mikey. I've only had the bike for a few days. For now all I have is this picture a friend took of me leaving for work. We were expecting rain that night so I had on my all weather riding suit (Aerostitch).

733736279_2awUk-L.jpg

MikeyB-17

Now that, Bill, is a piece of machinery! Mighty impressive steed there-love the colour. How you getting on with it? Did it rain? Enjoy it, and watch out for those buses. :D

MikeyB-17 said:
Now that, Bill, is a piece of machinery! Mighty impressive steed there-love the colour. How you getting on with it? Did it rain? Enjoy it, and watch out for those buses. :D
Man I love it! It definitely has more power with the bigger 103 ci. engine. I'm really enjoying the 80 watt stereo! It handled great in the rain. It's nice to have ABS brakes. I can actually stop if I had to! What a concept! I kept my distance from all the buses. :mrgreen:
I'll get some better pictures of it the the weather gets better.

injunjack

Waiting for the review of the jacket. Is 46 your normal size?

Can't really comment on the bike, except color is nice. (I'm an Injun rider.... :eek: )

Streros on a bike??? take out the baffles in the mufflers, there's music to you :lol:

Jack

Vcruiser

sealbeachbum said:
MikeyB-17 said:
sealbeachbum said:
I replaced my motorcycle last Thursday with a new 2010 Harley Davidson Electraglide Ultra Limited. :D

Pictures, man, dammit!! :)
Haha! OK Mikey. I've only had the bike for a few days. For now all I have is this picture a friend took of me leaving for work. We were expecting rain that night so I had on my all weather riding suit (Aerostitch).

733736279_2awUk-L.jpg

Very nice bike,Bill. One of my riding buddies bought one last summer..silver in color....moving from a Heritage ST. Just loves his new loaded Ultra.
Van

dmoser1978

Finally got it in the mail. Great jacket, I love the horse hide. It's very stiff to start with, but is breaking in nicely and show lots of grain. The fit is a little looser than my Schott 118, but I think it will start to fit better once the leather conforms itself to my body. It almost feels like I should have sized down, but it's getting better as it wears in.

I like the pocket arrangement but I took the belt off. A wider, stiffer belt would work better I think. The back pockets for motorcycle passengers is pretty nice too, but we just had a huge blizzard, so it will be awhile before we can get any use out of that.

Here are the pics!

I'm very happy with the jacket

Wow! That looks really nice! I can't wait to get mine! I've been tracking it. It's suppose to be here Saturday. The suspense is killing me!

injunjack

Good looking jacket.

Stiffer belt is a must, I think, At least the one I got with the jacket was ridiculously thin. I bought basket weave duty belt. And I think I could have sized down also, the cut in Black Horse is quite generous.

Jack

Vcruiser

Very nice..!
Can anyone offer up the sleeve length..from shoulder seam to end of cuff?
Thanks
Van

dmoser1978

I measure the sleeve to be 25 inches from shoulder to cuff. Fits really nicely and offers good coverage when I hold my arms out in front of me.

One thing I noticed too on the jacket, the quilted lining is in the body, but the sleeves are lined but not insulated. Slides on an off easily.

These jackets must sell quickly, I tried to order a 38 to see if it fit better and they are already sold out. :shock:

The brass zippers are are a really nice touch too, with the unique pocket arrangement it gives the jacket a really old school feel.

Mine came yesterday! :D Like everyone else has said it does run on the large size. I could have dropped down one size to a 44 but it does leave me room to wear a fleece underneath for more warmth. It will primarily be my winter jacket anyway because it's so heavy. It is so stiff it will stand up by itself! I ride my Harley everyday year round so I will get to wear this jacket everyday until mid spring. Hopefully it will soften up quite a bit by then. I also agree that the belt is too flimsy and I will get a better one for it. In the meen time I took it off and just going without.

I love this jacket! It is very heavy duty and should last me the rest of my life (as long as I don't take anymore 70 mph spills!).

Sorry the pictures aren't better. I had to take them myself with the camera sitting on a shelf across the room (no tripod). I'll have someone take better pictures out in the sunlight when I get a chance.

739089010_GgGJw-L.jpg

739089023_Sv7u3-L.jpg

739088605_9M8Fx-L.jpg

Tommer45 said:
Dmoser, I don't have experience with that particular jacket (although I have been eyeing the brown version of the Black Stallion Legendary sells), but I do own a Schott HH jacket with the quilted lining. In my opinion the quilted lining makes the jacket feel too puffy and definitely too warm for spring/summer riding. And I've owned Schott cowhide that I've liked much better than their horse. The Black Stallion is definitely a cool looking jacket but my first move after buying one would be to cut out the lining, remove the felt fuseable Schott affixes to their HH to give it a sturdier feel, and have it relined.

Tommer
Tom, my new jacket has a zip-out quilted lining and no felt.

Vcruiser

Nice clean looking jacket,Bill
I normally wear a 25 1/2 sleeve in a MC jacket. How does your's measure?
BTW...do you think that the belt is actually needed?
Van

I'll get those measurements for you when I get a chance Van. I'm at work right now.
I just had a friend take this picture out in our parking lot.

740024414_Przbh-L.jpg

Tommer45

Bill, beauty of a jacket.. and bike! Love the color of the HD. Very nice. I'll be picking up my new blue Bonneville in a week or so. Can't wait! And the zip-out lining is a nice touch.. I probably would have preferred that on my Wild Stallion, but then again I have plenty of other jackets to wear in warmer weather.

D-Moser.. very nice, man! Jacket looks amazing! Fit is excellent. Best of luck with it.

Tommer

injunjack

I'll try to remember to send pics of my 2½ years old Black Horse, size 44. So you can see what to expect. (also my "new" used Vanson CHP which is on the way to me, 199€ + shipping ain't too much. I'm excited. It's size 42)

One question: My Black Horse is very watertight, only 2+ hours in pouring rain on motorcycle gets it a bit wet, not soaked though.
Anybody have a first hand knowledge on Vanson's watertightness? (it's steerhide) Should I treat the jacket with beeswax or similar?

Sorry for the topic hi-jacking.

Jack
ps. the new jacket reminds me that I have too many jacket in my closet. I have 3 pcs CHP jackets for sale. (2 of them are listed in buy/sell section)

sealbeachbum said:
I just ordered the Legendary Black Horsehide Motorcycle Jacket to replace my jacket that I was wearing when I went down a few weeks ago. I replaced my motorcycle last Thursday with a new 2010 Harley Davidson Electraglide Ultra Limited. :D

Image1.jpg

Well thanks guys :mrgreen: With all this buying going on I had to go and do it !!! I will have mine in size 48 by next week. Who said this forum was free :lol: