• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black RAF Irvin

Roughwear

I had a last minute change of mind as it was still only going for £300 an hour before the end. Decided to snipe it and too my surprize won if for £620, which is much less than it sold for in 2007. It would appear to be a size 4 and this will be ok for me. I am still not a great fan of the black fleece, but am curious about this rare jacket.

Andrew

Roughwear said:
I had a last minute change of mind as it was still only going for £300 an hour before the end. Decided to snipe it and too my surprize won if for £620, which is much less than it sold for in 2007. I would appear to be a size 4 and this will be ok for me. I am still not a great fan of the black fleece, but am curious about this rare jacket.

Good one- at least we can now get it examined! I've not seen one but I quite like the look of the black fleece- must be saying something about me. If it were bigger I would have tried to gather it into the flock myself.

Roughwear

I agree. It needs close examination and this is the main reason for the purchase. I thought it would go for more than it did.

Roughwear

The jacket arrived today and it is larger than described. Sleeves are 26" rather than the 23" given and the pit is 23" not 22". It was probably originally a size 5 and it a perfect fit. As to maker it is not the work of Robinson and Ensum as I first thought. The small collar rings and narrower belt loops would appear to rule out Wareings and DGL. The square collar, small collar rings, "average" sized belt loops, wide seam tapes and tan stitching are features on jackets I own, made by Irvin Air Chute. However it could be from one of several as yet unknown contractors! I will take some pics at the weekend.

shanghai joe

Roughwear said:
The jacket arrived today and it is larger than described. Sleeves are 26" rather than the 23" given and the pit is 23" not 22". It was probably originally a size 5 and it a perfect fit. As to maker it is not the work of Robinson and Ensum as I first thought. The small collar rings and narrower belt loops would appear to rule out Wareings and DGL. The square collar, small collar rings, "average" sized belt loops, wide seam tapes and tan stitching are features on jackets I own, made by Irvin Air Chute. However it could be from one of several as yet unknown contractors! I will take some pics at the weekend.

so who's on the list of black bear irvins?

Andrew

Roughwear said:

Hmm, sounds too big for you- you know where to send it when you get tired of playing with it!!

havocpaul

Those larger measurements were those listed when it sold last year; you must have increased your size Andrew, always thought you were a 38..!!

shanghai joe

please let me play with your latest irvin................. :lol:[/quote]

Creep! :lol:[/quote]

kreeeeeeeeeeeeep you mean as in kreeeeepie krawlieeeeeeeeeee :eek:[/quote]

Not that sort of creep. ;)[/quote]

creep: heeeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeee :twisted: