• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BK proudly presents The A-1 jacket

Dr H

Hi Scott
I did - one button on the collar (semi circular rather than looped leather fastener), two buttons to the waist in a proportionately slightly deeper waistband.
I'll shoot both buttons on the hide (they should arrive midweek).
The buttons are on the BK FB page - honey are as shown earlier in this thread; coconut are closer to ELC horn buttons and I'm leaning towards less contrast.
This is so close to what I've aimed for in an A-1 that it's worth going the extra yard to get it right.

bseal

In the spirit of playful coaxing, I would like to remind our esteemed colleague of the title of this thread.

Dr H

No images this side of my trip to the US, I'm afraid Steve - too much going on.
It'll be worth the wait/coaxing.
In the meantime draw some solace from mm's blue one...

bseal

So are you saying that you are going to put on new buttons first, shoot some pics, and then post it?

ETA?

Dr H

Steve
I'll photograph the jacket with honey coloured buttons and post those images; photograph an example of the coconut buttons alongside the honey (I have received the replacement buttons).
Replace the buttons and take one or two shots for comparison afterwards.
The paler buttons will really compliment the lighter hides (especially the butter/tan colours), but I should have gone with the darker buttons for the seal as these look spot on.
Roasting in Indianapolis at the moment - back on Friday so first photos should follow over the weekend.

A

Anonymous

LVs33.jpg

Persimmon

I am reminded of how the Stradavarius Violin called the Messiah got her name.
A famous art dealer kept chasing his owner to see this wonder he described and teased him with.

"Then your violin is like the Messiah: one always expects him but he never appears"

Is this the A1 Messiah ??

Dr H

Back in the UK today so I'll sit down and sort out some photos over the weekend.

bseal

My evil genius Procrastination has whispered me to tarry 'til a more convenient season.

-Mary Todd Lincoln

Dr H

Hmmm...strangely, having stepped off the red eye this morning this wasn't quite top of my priorities... ;)