• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso's great e-bay description pic

Persimmon

chitchat said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-2-Jacket-WWII-Rough-Wear-27752-Good-Wear-/290691923885?_trksid=p4340.m1374&_trkparms=algo%3DPI.WATCH%26its%3DC%252BS%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D15%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7505558749375735903. great idea :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mentioned in the post here.
I was hoping for Steve McQueen and I got James Coburn !!
I know he is ultra cool too (perhaps to some even better)

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12013&start=10

If anyone is interested in the jacket I still have all the shots I emailed Platon if you want them sent over to judge.
Showing the Grain of the leather, the Zip damage, etc

Jaguar46

The pictures here look strangely familiar.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9852&p=89539&hilit=Rough+Wear+27752#p89539

DSCN8215.jpg

PADDY_M

This was actually brought to my attention over onTFL of all places.
I had NO IDEA that my photos were being used on a public auction.
It would have been preferable and courteous to have been asked first of all.
Does that sound reasonable..?

Roughwear

Paddy, I agree the seller should have checked you were happy for him to use your pictures to help sell his jacket. It does sometimes happen on Ebay where the pictures from a previous auction are re-used when a jacket is sold again, but I'm surprised a member here has used your pictures on Ebay without permission. :(

John Lever

Sometimes ebay gives the seller an option to find photos from the web. I have seen my photos used in this way, I suppose it could be regarded as a compliment of sorts. It's good to remember that once you post a photo on the web, almost anyone can grab it and use it. For this reason I try to stop my two daughters posting family photos on Facebook.
It's good to have some private memories not for public display.

A

Anonymous

You look great for a dead guy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dmar836

Same reason I quite randomly posting nude photos of myself - you never know where they will show up!
Seriously, anymore, unless you somehow protect your photos from being copied, people will lift them. That has happened to me a few times. It's at first flattering, then offensive. In an age where copyright is so important, laws are just not enforced so people go with the "I didn't know" bit. I think legally, we would all be out of luck as we seldom protect our pics. I think posting them publicly is in a way seen as giving permission.
I agree it would have been a courteous thing especially since both parties are familiar with each other. People go to great lengths to make nice images and for them to be used implies another is unable to make quality pics even when profit is involved. That's where it becomes offensive IMO.
Great jacket though!
Dave