• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso L.W Foster 55J14 G-1 - New addition

Brettafett

Pete of BK, recently shared this new addition with me.
Look at that blackened Conmar!

I know, one can still pick up a decent original G-1, but an original 55J14.... In pristine condition...? Maybe.
BK appears to have nailed the details on this one.

I dont have any other info, contact BK with your queries.

Bill Kelso Foster 55J15 G-1 1.jpeg

Bill Kelso Foster 55J15 G-1 2.jpeg

Bill Kelso Foster 55J15 G-1 3.jpeg

Bill Kelso Foster 55J15 G-1 4.jpeg

Bill Kelso Foster 55J15 G-1 5.jpeg

ZuZu

Pete of BK, recently shared this new addition with me.
Look at that blackened Conmar!

I know, one can still pick up a decent original G-1, but an original 55J14.... In pristine condition...? Maybe.
BK appears to have nailed the details on this one.

I dont have any other info, contact BK with your queries.

View attachment 131955
View attachment 131957
View attachment 131959
View attachment 131961
View attachment 131963
That looks amazing! I wonder about the price. Yes, you can get an original, but there's always problems with those.
Still gonna disagree here (of course!). For $1000 you can still get a prisitne 55J14 if you lurk and search. Especially if you're a 44 or less in size. I know because I did it! (I had some help I'll admit). If you find a good one there will be no more problems than with the BK- the only thing that could go wrong is the mouton and that applies to the BK also. I'm 90% sure the BK won't wear like an original.

A pristine FEC from the 50s is a 55J14 Star.

To each his own- I think really a lot of people like repros better- and that's OK!