• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso A2s - new patterns and new hide

Stef

Hello Platon, All,

Any news about Bill Kelso's new A2 patterns and hides ?
I own a BK RW in seal, and while i probably ordered 1 size too large, i'm pleased with it. Good looking! So I'm interested in the new patterns, espicially if hide is improved, should be terrific...( not sure i'm allowed to talk about the new patterns, if refering to a previous thread :D )

A

Anonymous

the BK is like good scotch
you put it in a barrel and then wait 12 years to mature

Stef

Platon, are your new patterns a topic you can discuss here, or is it still a big surprise you want to keep for later ?
sorry to ask ;)

A

Anonymous

I didn't see any great interest in BK's new M422. (and it has the wider pocket you all wanted)
This new jacket is an exact copy of the G&F I bought from bazelot member here.

BK is going to release this jacket soon, with extra grainy goatskin, Real McCoy's Talon repro zip and of course 100% accurate G&F label.

The rest is a surprise, but as you may have guessed the menu will have a Fried Ostermann as well.

dmar836

On the topic of the A-2 patterns, the reason I have yet to order one is that the specific changes previously mentioned - pocket flaps, collars, snaps, zips, and labels - have yet to be established. They have been mentioned as "upgrades", and I believe they exist(saw that RW label on Ebay), BUT I have yet to see even a prototype or a phot of another member sporting one.
For the price point, Platon, you are right on the verge of being a player in the game but few will be willing to take the plunge in this economy without real-time, updated info. The community doesn't need any more ELC "House" A-2s.
So, where does the RW A-2 stand? Were the changes ever made? Are the better zips and contract labels incorporated yet?
The world wonders.....
Dave

A

Anonymous

Hi Dave,
There are answers to all the points you make but I am not allowed to speak yet.
Let's just say that they're all in the pipeline.
When ready, BK's website will be updated accordingly. I will let you know when.

ButteMT61

PLATON said:
Hi Dave,
There are answers to all the points you make but I am not allowed to speak yet.
Let's just say that they're all in the pipeline.
When ready, BK's website will be updated accordingly. I will let you know when.

ETA? I'm looking to get an M422, and would wait if it's in the new future?

RCSignals

Really? There was no interest in the M-422?

I thought there were photos of a customer with the BK RW. I dont remember comments about problems with its details other than the snaps and zipper.

A

Anonymous

no that's just showing that the goatskin BK has is exactly the same with wwii goatskin

A

Anonymous

Because those photos were good enough to generate interest from people in this forum (people who can recognize a good repro when they see one). Also, the same photos were posted to another forum, which has even more members I guess.

I understand people expect to see the complete jacket with labels stencils etc, but I am still waiting for the label makers to deliver the labels. Over 2 months of waiting already passed for this hard to replicate correctly label.

Let's see

bretron

Saw the new blurb on your site, Platon. looks like you're one step closer to release! any insider updates to divulge? :)

m444uk

PLATON said:
Because those photos were good enough to generate interest from people in this forum (people who can recognize a good repro when they see one).

What photos ? The only USN ones I've come across are these. I've corrected the white balance a bit but they are still poor.
You could try shooting in daylight shade. The key (regardless of camera type) is to shoot in soft light. The old masters used north facing windows in their studios. Avoid flash, it reflects to much off the leather.

42260pct-2.jpg

airfrogusmc

PLATON said:
I didn't see any great interest in BK's new M422. (and it has the wider pocket you all wanted)
This new jacket is an exact copy of the G&F I bought from bazelot member here.

BK is going to release this jacket soon, with extra grainy goatskin, Real McCoy's Talon repro zip and of course 100% accurate G&F label.

The rest is a surprise, but as you may have guessed the menu will have a Fried Ostermann as well.

I'm very interested. Any work on the M 445 you were thinking about doing?