• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best repro MA1 on the market no matter the price

mindful

Hi all I would like to know the best repro MA1 on the the market no matter the price in peoples opinions

CBI

unless someone is an usual size, more then enough originals to choose from. No need to purchase a repro.

Peter Graham

I owned a Buzz Rickson 1st model MA-1. Identical to a B-15D Mod. Beautiful jacket. Loved it. I only sold it because I found an original.

mindful

I have seen loads of mint originals. Hold out for one!
Well to be honest I brought a new buzz Rickson ma1 1957 ma1 slender sage green was going to buy the toys McCoy ma1 which was the Steve McQueen version from the movie the hunter but that was £665

Cbi are you talking about Ebay

CBI

I have not been actively looking but over the years I have seen many on eBay and other military sites. There were so many of these jackets made, there are loads of originals floating around and mint ones for much less than a high end repro. it would take some searching

johnwayne

Recently picked up a nice Skyline Corp original - apart from some stitch moth holes to inner waist knits it's pretty much mint and only cost me £85! I think it dates from 60's going by the 2 patches but compared to my Alpha that I bought new prob 10 years ago it's noticeably thicker and heavier!! It's a Large whereas my Alpha is ExLarge, the only difference being body length ie a little shorter but feels superior quality too - hang in there for an original I'd say, might be worth asking in the For Sale section?
Cheers
Wayne

colekwok

Recently picked up a nice Skyline Corp original - apart from some stitch moth holes to inner waist knits it's pretty much mint and only cost me £85! I think it dates from 60's going by the 2 patches but compared to my Alpha that I bought new prob 10 years ago it's noticeably thicker and heavier!! It's a Large whereas my Alpha is ExLarge, the only difference being body length ie a little shorter but feels superior quality too - hang in there for an original I'd say, might be worth asking in the For Sale section?
Cheers
Wayne

Lucky you, it is very hard to come by these days. I guess if you bring it to the vintage road show..... the estimate will probably be around £300, provided that those patches are also authentic.

Well to be honest I brought a new buzz Rickson ma1 1957 ma1 slender sage green was going to buy the toys McCoy ma1 which was the Steve McQueen version from the movie the hunter but that was £665

Yes, I just came from the other forum, also quoting the Toy McQueen MA-1. I suspect this one is the best mid-late MA-1 jacket available right now. I remember someone said that MASH Japan used to make an excellent one with original sourced NOS nylon fabrics, but I guess they were long gone unless you wait until one pops up in some Japan auction sites (with the right sizes..).

johnwayne

Hi colekwok, yes I was surprised to get it for the price I did, just saw it and put in a cheeky bid! Unfortunately I'm useless at putting pics on here otherwise I would but I've no reason to suspect the patches aren't the real thing and they've been properly stitched ie not hand done. I've researched them too and they seem legit. I had some doubt when I noted the label actually in the left hand pocket which again looks professionally sewn in place, albeit a bit oh hand sewing where it was probably coming undone due to regular use (I assume) of the pocket! Pleased to know it could be worth what you say, must say I really don't know nylon jackets as intimately as their leather alternatives!! And, 'the vintage roadshow'?
Cheers
Wayne