• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best M-41 repro?

A

Anonymous

Looking for best looking/chepeast (best value for money) M-41.

There are so many different makers, it's frustrating.

How do you feel about the Spearhead Parsons?
Anyne has it and cares to share some photos?

269sqnhudson

PLATON said:
Looking for best looking/chepeast (best value for money) M-41.

There are so many different makers, it's frustrating.

How do you feel about the Spearhead Parsons?
Anyne has it and cares to share some photos?

I had a Buzz Rickson size 46. True to size fit and an awesome jacket. Very very pricey though. the only inauthentic issue was the shape of the buttonholes, they were sewn in a way that originals weren't.

I haven't had an At The Front M-41 but had a few stitching flaws on both the ATF Tankers I bought so won't personally recommend them.

SuinBruin

I have an ATF M41. It's not bad, but it is tight around the waist (the jacket is a 40L and I have a 34 inch waist and it is a snug fit), so the waist adjustment tabs are pretty much useless. I doubt the wrist tabs are functional either, but the material and overall "look" are pretty good.

Peter Graham

I wanted a cheap M-41 for a project I have in mind and bought one from Epic militaria in the UK. It's not bad at all compared to my original. The cut and shape are good, the weight is fine and it's got all the correct fittings. The only inaccuracy is that it's got a line of stitching around the cuffs. A common flaw with M-41 repros, or so I've heard. The labels are nicely reproduced but I don't know who actually made the jacket. I'm assuming it's Chinese. I'll post pics of the project once I finish it.

A

Anonymous

I took the plunge with a "Parson's jacket"
Let's see what I will get

a2 fng

Never owned an original M41 to compare in the flesh but have owned the expensive overhyped ATF,expensive Sturm "Officers" and a cheap £29.99 jobby and preferred the cheaper one for fit,cut etc.

Cobblers161

Hey Pete are we gonna see some photos of that M-41?

I'm interested as to how the shell on the Epic compares with your original?

A

Anonymous

I am quite happy with the M-41 I bought from spearhead militaria on ebay. I see that they don't have it anymore.

Marv

I have an M41 from Soldier of Fortune in the UK and it's a pretty nice jacket (needed to go up a size though) but not knowning much about the M41 I couldn't say whether it's an accurate repro or not.

a2jacketpatches

PLATON said:
I am quite happy with the M-41 I bought from spearhead militaria on ebay. I see that they don't have it anymore.

I got the Parsons version a few months back, perfectly warm enough for the CA mountains and looks the part. I'm very happy with it. It's accurate enough for me having owned several originals over the years. However, I'm sure there's some inaccuracies here and there. But I'm wearing it, not making love to it :lol:

The price was right as well, under a hundred bucks with shipping. Eventually I'll paint it up or something.

Cobblers161

Are they the "Barry Lyndon' guys? If so I've often checked their site but never seen an M-41/Parsons. Maybe I'll ping them an email.

a2jacketpatches

Yes sir, I just took a look this morning and you're right, no more. Sure hope they will be back, I've had some other guys asking about getting one.

Peter Graham

Steve, as requested, here's a few pics of my original compared to the repro I got from Epic Militaria. The Epic jacket has the correct cut and weight to it, the shell feels correct and the lining is the correct weight although I don't think it's 100% wool like the original. The labels are very authentic looking and the zipper has HBT tape. An original nickel Talon slider would do the trick. I've worn it a lot and I'm very happy with it. OK. it's not perfect but for £50, what do you expect ? Don't get hung up on the colour when looking for an M-41. They were made in varying shades of olive drab, most originals tending to be a similar colour to my own due to fading although mine has actually faded very little. Goood luck in your hunt Steve.

Original M-41

PC185590600x800_zpsaa8e6cfe.jpg

Repro from Epic Militaria

PC185583600x800_zpsd5f955d9.jpg

PC185584800x600_zps105da259.jpg

PC185588800x600_zpsbf588cfb.jpg

A

Anonymous

Are they the "Barry Lyndon' guys? If so I've often checked their site but never seen an M-41/Parsons. Maybe I'll ping them an email.

yes, Barry Lyndon. I have the Parsons version too. It was called M-38 I think.