Best jacket from a repro company

Discussion in 'Repros' started by John Lever, Dec 23, 2016.

1. ButteMT61

ButteMT61 Well-Known Member

I forgot about the GW A-1 I had and got rid of. That maybe is the greatest jacket I've owned, hands-down. Sadly, the girth was too wide for me. Maybe it would have been worth putting on more weight rather than flipping it... :(

airfrogusmc likes this.
  2. mr_lits

mr_lits Member

Is this the one you sold to Worf? That was the most amazing hide I had ever seen used on a jacket.

Attached Files:

ButteMT61 likes this.
  3. johnwayne

johnwayne Active Member

Nice GW that and a good fit too - got ta hand it to JC, he does turn out some top drawer jackets, the best IMO!
    Cheers
    Wayne

4. Roughwear

Roughwear Well-Known Member

I agree. Lovely A2 which must be a keeper.

5. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

Super A-2!!!!!

6. airfrogusmc

airfrogusmc Well-Known Member

I really liked my BK Willis and Geiger M 422. Like you Paddy don't know why I sold it.
    After some wear
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

when it was new
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Roughwear likes this.
  7. airfrogusmc

airfrogusmc Well-Known Member

ButteM is this the jacket?

Another that I maybe should have held on to.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Roughwear, mr_lits and Cobblers161 like this.
  8. ButteMT61

Yup guys, that's the A-1. @airfrogusmc - YOU should have kept it - it fit you well. It was too large for me and even with that, I deeply regret selling it off, but I am happy that Worf has it.

airfrogusmc likes this.
  9. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

Now THAT A-1 is about as good as a leather jacket gets. I could see myself owning something like this one and never selling it. That said, not sure why we all sell off such killer jackets....including myself.

airfrogusmc likes this.
  10. Garylafortuna

Garylafortuna Member

Holy guacamole, that has got to be the best A-1 I've ever seen. The back panel is beyond words. What kind of leather is that Allen? I'll bet you are kicking yourself around the block for getting rid of it. That jacket has stories to tell.

airfrogusmc likes this.
  11. Cobblers161

Cobblers161 Well-Known Member

Oh man that A-1 is incredible, off the scale marvellousness!

airfrogusmc likes this.
  12. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

this is cape that JC could only get in small quantities many years ago. I had one of JC's first A-1's in cape that was similar to this but the jacket was too large for me. The cape was great though, very soft and lightweight.

airfrogusmc likes this.
  13. Marv

Marv Active Member

I still have my BK G&F M422a (46) from back in 2012 which is very well made with a NOS Talon zipper but the fit is quite boxy and the knits are the incorrect colour brown (too dark) plus the goatskin is bullet proof and still hasn't broken in plus is also very dark instead of the correct lighter brown seen on originals.

Not sure what BK's current M422a is like as to whether the above has been rectified, bearing in mind, my jacket was from when BK first started making them.

14. ButteMT61

Had I not lost weight and therefor inches, I'd have kept it. The thing that happens over time is that after you fine-tune your jacket buying to a point where nothing less than perfect will do, you end up being way too picky. This is a good example of that. I asked JC about possibly altering it, but he really wasn't excited about anyone doing that as it would be a pretty big project. Basically, and smartly, he talked me out of it...
    In the end, a good guy got it, and that's what matters. It was 100% my favorite of the favorites...

15. Grant

Grant Active Member

How do you know you're a hopeless A-2 nerd? When you sit admiring your ELC Cable waiting for a meeting to start.

[​IMG]

16. Cobblers161

Man, that hits the spot!

First that wonderful Werber and now this.

17. devilish

devilish Member

My favourite civilian jacket is my GW J-100. I believe it to be the first one John made from copying an original? Buttery soft Horween HH. Military wise it's also a GW, my Dubow 20960 in russet Shinki. It's been through everything from hiking on the moors through woods and brambles, rain storms, to being in photos for event catalogs.

18. Cobblers161

Photos Devilish or it doesn't exist ;-) Both sound bloomin' great, would love to see them.

ButteMT61 and Roughwear like this.
  19. devilish

devilish Member

Cobblers, I will post some photos but at the moment Photobucket is down or so it seems?

20. devilish

devilish Member

IMG_1950.JPG IMG_1951.JPG

They both have more wear on them now but these give you some idea. If I get chance and decent daylight I will post newer ones soon.