• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best jacket from a repro company

ButteMT61

I forgot about the GW A-1 I had and got rid of. That maybe is the greatest jacket I've owned, hands-down. Sadly, the girth was too wide for me. Maybe it would have been worth putting on more weight rather than flipping it... :(

mr_lits

I forgot about the GW A-1 I had and got rid of. That maybe is the greatest jacket I've owned, hands-down. Sadly, the girth was too wide for me. Maybe it would have been worth putting on more weight rather than flipping it... :(
Is this the one you sold to Worf? That was the most amazing hide I had ever seen used on a jacket.

Attachments

• IMG_3825.jpg
    IMG_3825.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 278

johnwayne

Nice GW that and a good fit too - got ta hand it to JC, he does turn out some top drawer jackets, the best IMO!
Cheers
Wayne

ButteMT61

Yup guys, that's the A-1. @airfrogusmc - YOU should have kept it - it fit you well. It was too large for me and even with that, I deeply regret selling it off, but I am happy that Worf has it.

CBI

Now THAT A-1 is about as good as a leather jacket gets. I could see myself owning something like this one and never selling it. That said, not sure why we all sell off such killer jackets....including myself.

Garylafortuna

Holy guacamole, that has got to be the best A-1 I've ever seen. The back panel is beyond words. What kind of leather is that Allen? I'll bet you are kicking yourself around the block for getting rid of it. That jacket has stories to tell.

CBI

this is cape that JC could only get in small quantities many years ago. I had one of JC's first A-1's in cape that was similar to this but the jacket was too large for me. The cape was great though, very soft and lightweight.

Marv

I still have my BK G&F M422a (46) from back in 2012 which is very well made with a NOS Talon zipper but the fit is quite boxy and the knits are the incorrect colour brown (too dark) plus the goatskin is bullet proof and still hasn't broken in plus is also very dark instead of the correct lighter brown seen on originals.

Not sure what BK's current M422a is like as to whether the above has been rectified, bearing in mind, my jacket was from when BK first started making them.

ButteMT61

Had I not lost weight and therefor inches, I'd have kept it. The thing that happens over time is that after you fine-tune your jacket buying to a point where nothing less than perfect will do, you end up being way too picky. This is a good example of that. I asked JC about possibly altering it, but he really wasn't excited about anyone doing that as it would be a pretty big project. Basically, and smartly, he talked me out of it...
In the end, a good guy got it, and that's what matters. It was 100% my favorite of the favorites...

devilish

My favourite civilian jacket is my GW J-100. I believe it to be the first one John made from copying an original? Buttery soft Horween HH. Military wise it's also a GW, my Dubow 20960 in russet Shinki. It's been through everything from hiking on the moors through woods and brambles, rain storms, to being in photos for event catalogs.

Cobblers161

My favourite civilian jacket is my GW J-100. I believe it to be the first one John made from copying an original? Buttery soft Horween HH. Military wise it's also a GW, my Dubow 20960 in russet Shinki. It's been through everything from hiking on the moors through woods and brambles, rain storms, to being in photos for event catalogs.

Photos Devilish or it doesn't exist ;-) Both sound bloomin' great, would love to see them.