Best B-10 repro?

Discussion in 'Cloth' started by sparidon, Jan 30, 2011.

1. sparidon

sparidon Member

Guys,
    In your opinion, who makes the best B-10 repro? I am looking at ELC, or Buzz. I'm looking for a size 46. Thanks.

Seth

2. Willy McCoy

Willy McCoy Member

The Buzz Rickson has nice detail. Great Jacket.

3. better duck

better duck Active Member

Love my ELC, which, to my non-expert eyes looks authentic too - and great to wear, very easy fitting. I even wear it over an A2 occasionally

4. deeb7

deeb7 New Member

The advantage of buying Buzz Rickson is that with so many different versions, you don't have to settle for just one.

.... and for some reason, we have a parallel thread.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9272&p=84238#p84238

5. Phantomfixer

Phantomfixer New Member

I like the BR with the berry knits what a stunner. It only goes up to 44, bummer for me. I take a 44 or 46 short.

6. ausreenactor

ausreenactor Active Member

Buzz Rickson Oldin-Dennis!! Non-itch lining...

And the RM Stagg is a pretty impressive jigger too...

Couchy

7. Roughwear

Roughwear Well-Known Member

IMO the best value and one of the best repros is the ELC B-10. I've had mine for a year now and can't fault it.

8. NW Carver

NW Carver New Member

Got to agree with Andrew - I have had mine since 2005, the tag in the pocket reads number 0039, and its a brilliant jacket.. :D

9. TankBuster

TankBuster Active Member

.....and I'll third the ELC. Best out there.

10. Clark J

Clark J Active Member

I'd go with the Super Pike !!!!!!!!!!!

11. mrchina

mrchina Member

Except from what I have read on the forum regarding the best B-10 reproduction, I don't have any expierence with cloth jackets. It appears the ELC and BR B-10 are the top rated ones. I'd like to know if that still holds true since last year's posts and if anyone has recently purchased one of these jackets. My previous sizing with ELC A-2's is the 40(R)/42(R) range. I'd appreciate any information.

Regards,
    Don

12. TankBuster

TankBuster Active Member

Don,

I owned a couple different ELC B-10's before I came to the conclusion that I need a size larger than I wore in their A-2 jackets. I wear size 42 in most ELC A-2 jackets but I personally had to go with a 44 in the B-10. The 42 B-10 fit, but I couldn't wear much under it. I preferred the slightly larger fit of the 44.

Best of luck.

13. Dr H

Dr H Active Member

I'm beginning to think the same Jeff. I haven't had any ELC A-2 jackets, but I wear a 44 in an ELC A-1 (and GW A-2). I'm wearing my 44 ELC B-10 now, but I'm beginning to wonder about whether a 46 in the B-10 might work better.

14. Tim P

Tim P Active Member

I compared my eastman to an original from the same contract.

Identical

15. TankBuster

TankBuster Active Member

You will probably be happier. ;) It's meant to be more of a cold weather jacket, and I like to wear a sweater or thicker shirt under mine. The 44 affords me alot more room to do so but yet not look overly big and sloppy.

16. mrchina

mrchina Member

Guys,

Thanks for the replies and information. could I presume the BR B-10 is similar in measurements for a given size? At this moment I believe the BR is somewhat less money for a new one and would entertain a used one from a forum member also, although I have not posted on the buy/sell segment as yet. In addition, would anyone be able to supply some measurements of their B-10? At any rate thanks for the information as it helps get me started.

Regards,
    Don

17. Willy McCoy

Willy McCoy Member

I have an Aero Leather Clothing "Test Sample" that I bought from someone on the old forum.

It has risen above the dismal reviews to be a stellar jacket. Faded and looks great in its "Thirty Mission" patina. The mouton collar is appreciated as well as the sturdy construction. I just wish it had the wartime "deco" Talon zipper.

I would put the jacket up against any B-10 in a long haul comparison. Been through the wringer and asks for seconds.

18. Marv

Marv Active Member

Go up a size with the ELC B10

19. Dr H

Dr H Active Member

...and with the ELC B-15, although it's more forgiving than the B-10...

PADDY_M likes this.
  20. mrchina

mrchina Member

Anyone have a recent Pike Bros. B-10, sizing, quality of jacket, etc?
    Don