• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ben Macintyres Wested? jacket on BBC's 'SAS: Rogue Warriors'

Bluebottle

Very much taken by Ben Macintyres lovely jacket on this program. Looks vintage, but I assume it's a modern repro. Anyone recognise it? It's very Indiana Jones, which I think is a Wested?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08fmysp/sas-rogue-warriors-series-1-episode-2

Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 22.34.46.png

2BM2K

It is a Bill Kelso's Relic Hunter, their version of an Indiana Jones jacket. Andy Falzon posted about it on another forum.

Smithy

Mike. .. shouldn't you be packing your bags and dusting off the sombreros :)

Is Mike off to Mexico? If so have fun Mike!

I have an Indy jacket, a Wested in cowhide, which I chuck on occasionally in late spring, summer here. Funnily enough it's one which seems to get a lot of positive noises and is very, very comfortable to wear and do stuff in. It's also one of the wife's favourites so I daren't argue :)

Marv

I also have a wested raiders in cowhide which is just their standard fit but have been looking at their Raiders Hero jacket in shrunken lamb as a possible next jacket

Garylafortuna

There hasn't been a lot of talk about Indy jackets here on the forum. They've got to be one of the most beautiful jacket styles in all of leather jacketdom. Mine is a dark seal
goatskin from Gibson & Barnes. Point of interest: new Indy movie coming out summer of 2019 with Harrison at the helm.

Steve27752

There hasn't been a lot of talk about Indy jackets here on the forum. They've got to be one of the most beautiful jacket styles in all of leather jacketdom. Mine is a dark seal
goatskin from Gibson & Barnes. Point of interest: new Indy movie coming out summer of 2019 with Harrison at the helm.
I think that is because the main interest is in flight jackets.

robrinay

Excellent - to know who made it. I was wondering who the manufacturer was. I went to the Wested Factory Shop a few years ago and tried on their version but didn't like the look.

PADDY_M

I just can't see why the Indy type jacket gets such a following. One of those things that's beyond me I guess.

Smithy

I just can't see why the Indy type jacket gets such a following. One of those things that's beyond me I guess.

I got one after outgrowing my A-2 Paddy and because the better half hates jackets with knits, I can't wear my B-10 or B-15C if we're out together, yes fellas bad I know! I got it purely because it was the closest to an A-2 but without the knits. Although it's not my favourite jacket, I do like it. It's super comfortable and allows for a great range of movement. Plus I was lucky to get what I believe was one of the last in the "soft seal brown cowhide" which is a seriously nice leather IMHO and is wearing in nicely. Thing with Wested is that it's not going to break the bank for those who want to give one a go, and I suppose if they fall head over heels they can always stump up for a BK version down the line.

Bluebottle

Well, I watched part three of the SAS program last night, (After returning from a few lovely days in Barcelona) and noticed the jacket had side pockets as well as the A2 style patch pockets, which instantly marked it down! That's on a level with having hand warmer pockets on your Irvin for me ... sacrilege!
Thanks for the info on it.

tibor

The hand warmer pockets behind the patch pockets is accurate to the original. If it didn't, THAT would be sacrilege. ;)

Marv

I like the Indy jacket and have one of Wested's Raiders in novapelle hide which is about 10 years old now an is just off the rack but am I thinking as my next jacket, I have been looking at their new Raiders Hero jacket in shrunken lamb as a possible option.

Smithy

I like the Indy jacket and have one of Wested's Raiders in novapelle hide which is about 10 years old now an is just off the rack but am I thinking as my next jacket, I have been looking at their new Raiders Hero jacket in shrunken lamb as a possible option.

If they still offer the "soft seal brown cowhide" definitely have a look at that as well. I got a custom Raiders in that and it's wonderful stuff, grainy but with a really wonderful soft drape. It's tough stuff but drapes almost like lamb or soft goat. Mine's also developing a very nice patina from wear.

Members online

Latest posts