• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Belstaff Amelia Earhart Leather Bomber Jacket

havocpaul

I'm more an Amy Johnson man myself. Belstaff have gone trendy fashion house styles now they are an Italian-owned company, they've lost their true bike heritage for good me thinks; thank goodness for Lewis Leathers!

dujardin

just about fashion, nice jacket.
but a little expensive, for the price; i prefer to buy an original A-2

byeeeeee marcel

fleet16b

Interesting !

As some of you know, I was the Aerial Coordinator for the Amelia movie.
I also served as her stunt double for some flying scenes and as a result the Production Company had Belstaff make an exact copy of the 3/4 length flying jacket worn originally by Amelia Earhart.
They also made one for Hilary Swank ofcourse.
I see that Belstaff has now put the jacket into production at $1400 ( around the same price as the bomber jacket)
As I will never need to wear this jacket, I am playing with the idea of selling it and wonder what it would be worth. It would come with a letter of authenticity certifying it's connection to the movie.
Any comments or advice ??

fleet16b

John Lever said:
Keep it and enjoy it.

Kind of hard for me to enjoy it as it is not the style of jacket that I would normally wear.
At present it just sits stored away in it's Belstaff Bag.
Part of me says keep it as a collectors item but the other half says sell to someone who might get more appreciation out of it.
Who knows I may offer it here and or eventually put it on Ebay.
If anyone is truly interested they can p.m. me to discuss.